Revmob Performance

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Appocalypse, May 28, 2013.

1. Appocalypse

Appocalypse Member

Apr 18, 2013
    We recently switched to Revmob for our advertising services, but the performance for the first few days has been terrible (eCPM averages $0.03). Are any other developers here using the service and experiencing better numbers?

2. playtinum

playtinum Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Developer
    Revmob pays on the basis of installs so ecpm numbers depend largely on click through rates and conversions/installs. Our experience is that for apps on Google Play, the $amount earned/install is usually pretty dismal - sometimes as low as $0.03. That said, for iOS apps we have seen $/install in the $1-1.5 range.

3. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    My ecpm on iOS with RevMob is around 16$ witch I am obviously extremely happy with. I guess if your audience is use to play games with revmob, you won't make much $ (and it also depends how you present it). I guess my audience aren't spoiled with many other apps using revmob.

JC

4. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    I recently added RevMob to my game that has been out a long time as a test. The eCPM did look dismal to start off, but once it had been out a few weeks and had a installs, a truer picture emerged. RevMob gave quite respectable figures. Certainly better than I currently see from AdMob or iAd, even taking into account that RevMob interstitials are shown less often, so need to earn more per impression.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    In terms of dev hours vs income, our smaller games make more profit than those we're "known" for such as Great Big War Game.

All of that is generated by Revmod ads. The eCPM's do vary a lot, but the least we've ever earned in a day is above the maxium we used to get from Admob.

6. Well that's really not my experience. How do you present your ads?

Albeit with a low volume (as I don't display that many ads) I have an eCPM of $0.69 with RevMob with my free version of Dungeon Plunder while I have $3.85 eCPM with Chartboost's. That's with occasional interstitials between fights.

I switched most of the traffic to Chartboost for now and am looking for another backup provider.

7. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    I don't display RevMob ads, I find them too annoying (they pissed me off while testing them so, imagine how they annoyed your players). Instead I am using their install link. Basically, at some strategic time, I open a pop asking if the player want to install a free game. If he says no, I'll leave him alone for this time. That way, my banners are still available for iAds or Admobs. You get the best of both worlds.

JC

8. Appocalypse

Appocalypse Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Ah...now I see. The banners are virtually worthless, but the install value is very high. It's all about how you present the ads. Thanks for the feedback.

On a related note, does Revmob only show Candy Crush Saga? I'm not seeing any rotation, even after CCC has been installed.

9. Not a bad idea as I also found their interstitials obnoxious compared to Chartboost's. I still went with them as their documentation refered the popups as obsolete so I figured the interstitials must still perform well with some other target crowd.

10. DropDKeith

DropDKeith Well-Known Member

They show other advertisers, but you must realize that King is paying a fortune to advertise CCS through just about every ad provider. Hell, I've seen TV ads for CCS. Crazy.

11. It's crazy that they can afford to pay $4+ for a free install. I guess they must account the organic downloads they get as a side effect but still..

I thought I had good conversion numbers so far but there's no way I can get an average $4 LTV out of every free download (minus the 30% Apple cut on top of it). The money bleeding out to pay these on a daily basis must be insane.

12. Little update: Revmob picked it up and is running at $7.46 eCPM (with the full sized interstitials, not popup) while Chartboost is now at $6.13.

I'll add a remote toggle on Revmob to control the style between popup and full-sized on my next update before driving further traffic to it.