Could somebody please draw me a pic of a stagosaurus?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dee99, Apr 19, 2010.

1. dee99

dee99 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    I have been working on apps and my newest app is almost ready for realease, then I realised something, I don't have a company logo, It is Stag-O-Saurus games. I am looking for someone to draw a pic of a stagosaurus,can be cartoony , transparent background, .png. I am not going to pay for it, just do it out of the goodness of your heart, thanks

-dee99

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  4. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

Brilliant! And is that a different shade of grey I see for it's eye? Masterful!

5. dee99

dee99 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Hmm... would be good if you colored it green and got rid of the words.

6. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Um...WOW!

7. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I'm pretty sure it's spelled Stegosaurus.

Unless, of course, you were referring to a part stag part dinosaur creature.

8. dee99

dee99 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Umm... you made that. Wow! Not realy what I'm looking for though, something more simple and 2D.

9. Uptown Arts

Uptown Arts Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It was a joke, I say it was a JOKE, Son.

10. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    it seems Hodapp is having fun with his iPad again, show off :p

11. dee99

dee99 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Right... I knew that...

12. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I got bored and doodled something on my iPad :)

[​IMG]

13. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    I think that may be an iguana. Also, what's this "goodness of your heart" thing I keep hearing about?

14. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

You're too lazy to even use something like MS Paint to sketch a picture of a cartoon dinosaur off of google images for your own app, and now is asking other people to do it without any kind of return? :rolleyes:
    Those MS Paint sketches take like what, 2 minutes?

15. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Hi, I'm a jerk and am here to berate you like an asshole.

Guys lay off him. My art skills are terrible so doing something off MS paint would look like shit and I'm not inspired enough to actually make a decent, simple logo. I'm sure he has the same dilemma, or a variation of it.

But I like Jeffyg3's design, simple and not much art skillage required. Just refine it and make the iguan-I mean stegosaurus bigger/

16. dee99

dee99 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Exactly, not everyone is skilled at paint, I tried to draw a stagosaurus but it ended up looking more like an enlarged piece of shit with four legs.

Either help, or don't, If you arn't going to help and just heckle my art skills then don't even bother posting.

17. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    I guess I could point out that every time someone gives away a decent piece of art for free, it gets just a tiny little bit harder for a freelance artist (such as myself) to make a living... But no worries, I'm not here to berate anybody!

There's another really good reason to pay for art instead of asking for it for free on message boards. Imagine that someone posts a great picture of a Stegosaurus, and you end up using it to brand your very first iPhone game! Things are going well, until a lawyer contacts you, and informs you that your logo is in use... by another company, that's been using it for years. Looks like some enthusiastic forum patron copied the design... Or maybe posted it as a joke, and there was a legitimate misunderstanding.

If you can't say "I bought that art in good faith from an artist -- here's the receipt," what are you going to do?

Or how about this: You launch your iPhone game and it's bigger than Doodle Jump! Things are going great, until a lawyer contacts you, and informs you that the guy who drew the logo for you wants some money. Since you never signed a contract with him, it's going to be difficult to prove that there was an actual agreement with him that allows you to use his work for free. Again, what are you going to do?

My advice is, skip eating out for a couple of weeks, bake some cookies and sell them to your friends and relatives to raise logo funds -- whatever. You could probably scrape up a few bucks to hire an artist who's new to the industry, and with the very act of purchasing the art, guarantee that the logo won't get you into too much trouble.

18. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let you know, just in case, that the dinosaur is called stEgosaurus... Is Stag-O-Saurus some kind of pun? I don't get it :confused:

19. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

This, now and forever.