Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    What mode have you been playing? My income has stalled...

2. Arrow0x

Arrow0x Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    strange that you're talking about IB2 here.
    have you beat sky cages yet?

3. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Talk about Star Warfare amongst the regular members here has sort of stalled, admittedly. The last actual talk about gameplay amongst the regulars was probably the people playing PvP, and the last remotely-related talk would have probably been the Photoshopping activity that JediKnight and I got up to a while back (still kicking back into gear).

We still like to keep in touch, but to do that, we'll need to go a little off-topic given that we haven't really had anything new in Star Warfare...

As for Sky Cages...is that one of the new expansion packs? Did they expand on the plotline and story?

4. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    CTF, Ill pmail you if lava lets me about what I did.

5. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I think I just encountered my first ACTUAL hacker in this game. And I don't mean any of that ridiculous IAP-cracking nonsense, this one's a fair bit more thorough.

Played in a Serpent room with a player whose GC implies that he's a fan of this game, while the third party member was a name I recognise from the leaderboards (Fextem, to be specific, the rightful #2 player in the PvP leaderboards if you ignore FinalArk). One of them was an Andromedae user, while the other was a Perseus who used an M-27.

The alien rush went quite smoothly, with everyone pulling their weights. Then when the boss fight started...that was when it just became weird. The Perseus player (who I'm guessing was Fextem) pulls out a hyper clip and M-27, and I do the same with the Thunder ability.

The Andromedae? He pulls out a a White Drill and a hyper clip -- and every single shot he did knocked off a HUGE chunk of the Serpent's health, such that the Serpent died well before our hyper clips wore off

I've done the calculations before, and the White Drill shouldn't have a damage output anywhere near capable of doing that kind of damage. The HP bar was moving enough for it to look like someone was cycling through two hyper-clipped snipers on every hit, so I'm pretty sure that player's game has been hacked to increase the damage his White Drill does. I'm just hoping he's not using it in PvP...

6. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Oh god, thats horrible! :eek: :eek:

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I don't mind that he wasn't there to freeload, but that sorta destroyed the fun of the boss fight -- I like being forced to respond to Serpent's attacks and movements, but that match was startingly similar to a Synthesis run (we didn't finish the match within 10 seconds, but the Serpent was effectively pinned down from all the flinching it was doing, and it couldn't attack at all).

8. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    yeah, but hmmmmm, if he does this in pvp...

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I don't see his name within the top 300 (though I do see quite a few names I recognise, most of which I would've rather not seen but some of which I'm quite happy seeing), so I'm guessing he hasn't used it in PvP to exploit the leaderboards yet.

10. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    yay!

11. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Good lord, an actual damage hacked weapon. In PvP, with all the scaling, one white drill would be enough to wipe out any player. A few of them would probably rip through the ultimate defense build...

12. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    ultimatde defense would be screwed if this happened!!!

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    There is FAR worse than the hacked White Drill, actually. Take a look at this:

(Jedi, I think you've seen it already)

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/262222_116642681817968_638815213_n.jpg

The power of that sniper on that armour build actually exceeds the power of the Synthesis Combo in its fully powered state (i.e. Thunder/STK, ability and hyper clip). That is literally strong enough to take out Serpent in 4 or 5 shots, and that's before you throw hyper clips into the equation.

Assuming damage scaling doesn't throw the numbers off (the analysis of the rifle damage in PvP almost looks logarithmic), the fully-active defense build should be able to survive three shots from that hacked sniper, based on the assumption that the Twin Snipers is enough to kill the Andromedae Armour when it's abilities are inactive.

14. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Hey, any new updates or upgrades since I've been gone? Just curious I guess, was thinking about downloading the game again but I still can't get back my data, or atleast the last time I tried...

Its stupid, cuz my data on the leaderboards is there I just can't access it? I wonder if I was banned or someone hacked my account?

Anyways just saying hey...

15. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Oh god I was wondering where you went! =.="

Anyways uh there is a semi-working hacker-proof update that happened.

16. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    What got hacked? A weapon?

Is the multiplayer getting better or worse? And the rest o the game?

I kinda wanna play again but not as a lvl 1 noob.. :/

17. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    The money system got hacked and so people had ludicrous amounts of mithril and were being jerks about it.

Then Freyr banned them.

18. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Just the same.

19. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Wait, that's kinda of like what happened to me except the opposite... Cuz I lost like the 10 or so $ I pit into the game. Ive never gotten back my old email account and just forgot about it so without that I'm pretty sure I can't do anything...

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Hmm, without access to your email, recovering the data sounds particularly tricky. An absolute last resort I can think of, short of starting from scratch, is to email Freyr from another email explaining your situation, and ask if it's possible to retrieve your old GC savefile and have it transferred over to a new GC if you've created one. The main problem there is that it would rely on your savefile being intact (which it may not be, from reading your past statements on this situation) and Freyr accepting your claim of identity from a new account.

I'm sure the active players here would be quite happy to help you get back on track with boss grinding should you need to start from scratch, but I hope it goes well, whatever you choose to do :)