GameClub Aralon: Sword and Shadow (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    I couldn't resist at 0.69p. Instant buy.

I wanted to create a Human female warrior, but the Human female facial texture is so bad that my character would resemble a transgender pre-op (would be great to have player DLC - so I could have a Thai skin and really go for the authentic transgender look). So I plumped for an Eleven female warrior instead named GoGo Yubari.

An hour into the game and reminds me of a single player MMORPG. I even trained myself and had to flee through the Village Gate to lose a train of 3 level 3 Bandits!

I absolutely love different armour and weapons actually displaying on your character. I'm currently dual-wielding a rusty longsword and a rusty rapier, and there is something so satisfying about engaging in a dance of death, with whirling blades.

Aralon and Avadon will be keeping me busy and entertained throughout May.

2. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Damn this is very tempting, but I have built a large backlog in the past couple days. Must... Resist...

3. I'm Unsure whether to get this or not....Should i get this at $1? also, what is the installed size?

4. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    Install size on iPad2 is 491MB. Fairly hefty.

As to whether the game is worth your $1, depends on whether or not you enjoy 3D real-time action based, open world RPGs. Read the summary of the game (pg 1) as well as some of the issues and decide whether it's worth your money. For me, no brainer - but then I've read through all 200+ pages of the thread (skipping spoilers).

I felt that way about Rune Raiders. Read the review and comments, was on the fence but thought only 0.69p and deleted the game 5 minutes after installing.

Aralon was on my list, and the sale price made the purchase a no brainer. YMMV.

5. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I don't know how i've managed to overlook this game before, grabbing it while it's on sale.

6. yoko

yoko Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Awesome!!

Best RPG Game! Worth the price ;)

7. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    I was considering this, but when I discovered it had first person, I am definitely getting this!
    As I am obsessed with fps. :)

8. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Definitely one of the most impressive iOS games.

9. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    It's Skyrim for iOS, basically. Totally awesome.

10. mfo

mfo New Member

May 12, 2012
    Hi Everyone,

I've become an outlaw (I drew on a friendly target by accident, then I had to kill them) and now I'm stuck as an outlaw. I tried talking to the guy in the sewers, but he tries to kill me too! :( What do I do? Thanks.

11. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    You're talking to the wrong guy. Those people in the thieves den always attack you. The guy you want is out in the huge main sewer area standing by a wall.

12. mfo

mfo New Member

May 12, 2012
    Nope, I'm 100% sure it's the right guy. He used to talk to me and tell me he was a very connected man. Now ever since I've become an outlaw, he's trying to kill me every time I approach him. Any ideas?

13. Izaya

Izaya Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    8th Grade lol
    Behind You
    I'm loving this game it's completely addictive probably the only game like elder scrolls in the app store! Anyone know if there's a sequel coming out?

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    There is, though quite a bit in the future. But the same publisher will release Ravensword 2 at some slightly less distant point in the future, and from what I've heard and seen of the game, it might be just the thing to allow us to get our mobile Elder Scrolls on ;)

15. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Quentin is attacking you? I think that's his name. He does look like all the other guys in that zone, so maybe you're in the wrong spot. Otherwise, I have no idea how to fix that problem.

16. Eldrane

Eldrane New Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Compass Question

Does anyone know if there's a compass option in the game?
    I'd love to be able to tell from the game screen which direction I'm pointing without having to continually refer to the map screen?
    Any help appreciated

17. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    This game is so much fun!
    Must buy!

18. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Which one would that be?

19. tim111

tim111 New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Order of Magic

Is the quest "Sisters of the Night" the last quest for the order of magic? After the quest when I go back to the guild all anyone says is "you are welcome here".

20. kittenrogue

kittenrogue Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Aralon: Sword & Shadow - Mountain Pass Crash

Help! Every time I try to enter the mountain pass north of The Great Desert, the game crashes. I'm on an iPod Touch. I've checked and there aren't any updates or anything.

Has anyone else encountered this bug? What do I do? I'm at a standstill until I can resolve this.