Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Somerandomdude, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, it seems I'm not the only one who's into Metal Gear around here. After talking on another thread, it seems that others want a Metal Gear thread, so here you go. Talk about anything Metal Gear Solid related, from storyline discussion to help. If you do have any huge spoilers, please try to warn others first, as that can REALLY blow a Metal Gear game.

2. Zazbedin

Zazbedin Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Im not sure if i have sed this before or not, but i am a huge fan of metal gear solid, and the 1phone/ipod touch rele needs one of these great games. Not a crappy on-rails shooter like metal gear solid touch, but i real one. ideally the port of MGS4

3. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    True dat. I hated what they did with MGST. They lost the best part of the entire game, the stealth. The only cool part was shaking the ice off the lens haha.

4. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    This the one game series that makes me really wish I had a playstation. I played the original on my ps1(then it broke), I played mgs2 and mgs3 on my ps2(then I sold it when I got my 360), now I'm suffering from withdrawal; I still have mgs2/3 in case I ever get a backwards-compatible ps3 lol.

5. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Meh, I didn't even bother trying it. All those negative reviews.....

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm a rather new convert to the series. Just beat Metal Gear Solid: the Twin Snakes in June, and almost beat Metal Gear Solid 2 in July, but stopped, but just got back into it and beat it a week or two ago.

Currently playing Metal Gear Solid 3.

Then I'm going to play them all over again, and then jump into Metal Gear Solid 4.

Probably my favorite videogame series ever so far :cool:

7. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Ive only played 4 to the finish, I played SS2 but was too A.D.D back then...

otacon and snake die

j/k :)

8. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #8 nodoctors, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    why do people always do this? resident evil 5 comes out, people cried for it on psp. mgs4 comes out and you want a port of it on the IPHONE?! i mean have you even played that game for two seconds? it's a brilliant masterpiece in gaming, and the iphone wouldn't even come close to delivering something similar. hell, it wouldn't even be able to properly play mgs 2 or 3. but jumping right to 4 is a joke. just the idea of trying to cram the controls of the canon metal gear solid games onto the iphone is a nightmare

i personally would like to see a new metal gear ac!d on the iphone. they're probably the most underrated metal gear titles, and they're absolutely superb. i am no turn based fan, and boy do i have a hatred for card based games...but everything in ac!d just came together in a very right way. plus the interface and style of gameplay would be extremely suitable for the iphone.

oh, and i would say that snake eater is the best metal gear in the series. :)