Universal [PH/CA/NL] Mini DAYZ - Survival Game (by Bohemia Interactive a.s.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Old soft launch thread.

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The ui is bugged. Almost unplayable. But if it get corrected, this is full of epic win.

3. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Wow! Where did this come from? It literally plays like DAYZ made for mobile. I haven't had any UI bugs it plays flawless for me.

No IAP and completely free, it's so hard to believe. So far I haven't been able to put it down. I thought at first it would be a scam but it's legit.

And it isn't that "must have a connection" nonsense. I highly recommend trying it out!

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Looks like a lot of fun to me.

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Looooks epic

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This is really pixel Day Z with AI players.

I hope they add a way to remove the ads. I also hope they fix the UI, controls, etc that are two zoomed in.

It's an amazing survival / RPG. This gets the ui fixed and it's literally close to being the best on the App Store next to Don't Starve.

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Yep this game is amazing.
    Controls kind of mess up for split second every couple minutes but that's all

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Just picked it up with my Canadian account
    Looks like it should be a lot of fun

9. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    Such a good game. If multiplayer is added, this will be one of the best iOS games.

10. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Controls

Plays really well, basically a 2d version of DayZ, i see there are 2 control schemes "tap to move" & "on screen joystick", any plans to support physical game controllers such as Steelseries Nimbus? i've played quite a bit through already an it would lend itself nicely for controller support. thanks.. looking great so far.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This is a really good game much to my surprise.

However it's big downside is that it burns battery like no other. My iPhone7 got super hot to the point where I just had to stop playing after 10 minutes. It gets just as hot or hotter than me playing Implosion!

12. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    So far I'm liking it. Just what I've been waiting for. I hope they make the screen bigger though.

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    #13 Pagan Fox, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Yes, enjoying the game also, lots of choices to be made, not least what to pick up or not.
    However, two crashes so far (I've only just completed tutorial) on my iPad Air 2, iOS 10
    The character sprites could do with being a bit larger, even on the iPad it's hard to see.
    And finally, my battery also is heating up quite noticeably.
    I will run some longer sessions to compare.

Update:- Continues to randomly crash every 5-10 mins and the battery drain is pretty dramatic as well as the heat issue.
    Maybe they are connected?

14. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    Does continue work for anyone? When I try to continue my game, I start off with a new one.

15. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I am having the same issue too. The control stick is cut off by the edge of the screen so I can't move to the left. The action button is hidden behind the options and help button so I can interact with any objects.

I really like the concept for the game but I'll withhold judgement until after they are able to fix the UI.

16. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    #16 meder87, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Seems like the joystick UI issue is related to the iPhone. When I tried playing it on my iPhone 6S Plus the joystick is cut off and pretty much can't play it. Downloaded it on my iPad Mini 4 and it's running fine.

Edit: Playing it for 5 minutes so far and it definitely is like DayZ but 16 bit. Loving this so far. Wish it had PVP servers and controller support. Hope they won't add IAP's.

17. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    Can you guys please implement a resume feature to this game? It's kind of hard to make any real progress because I keep having to start over if the app closes.

18. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    I know this is a soft-launch and I hope they're working on these issues. This game plays and looks good on my iPhone 6 /IOS 10.1.1, it has no issues at all. But on my iPad mini 2 w/ iOS 9.3.2 the sprites are slightly smaller than my iPhone (and the sprites are already small to begin with). Also on the iPad, the continue button is totally broken, so it's hard to make real progress. The go to main menu button doesn't work either. To the developers, can you look into these issues? I appreciate it. Thanks.

19. jaylla

jaylla Member

Aug 2, 2015
    The screens are messed up on the iPhone 7 plus. The action button is hidden behind the menu buttons. Also the inventory screen is too zoomed in. I can't see the whole inventory.

I have also had quite a few random crashes.

20. Noomen

Noomen Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2014
    path finding algorithm

It seems the path finding algorithm is buggy. When I use the tap scheme, the character keeps running into walls. I hope the devs can iron that out.