List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    For anyone that doesn't have them yet, Yesterday is on sale for $2.99 and Hidden Runaway for 99 cents. Yesterday is definitely worth the money. Personally I have some reservations about Hidden Runaway, but someone else on this list really liked it.

2. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    #4782 podbud, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    iph 4s. Yes, rebooted after install and reinstalled. It just seems to crash.

Maybe it's just me but I'm starting to find some of the escape games completely unplayable on iphone. Too small and talk about glitchy.

WaveA games are the exception - always decent, work well and easy to read and view.

But...the other few I dl from HUANG ZHIQIANG ( I've dl 3 over the last few months last a second and are deleted straight away) and Mobest media are dreadful. Maybe they're just suitable for ipads or bigger screens?

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I have an iPod Touch 4, so these days trying to play anything on them is dreadful. As a result I stick to my iPad as much as possible. I have played a couple of escape games on my iPod lately that seemed okay, though.

5. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Our game, Forever Lost, works great on the 4s and is currently free ;)

6. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I really liked Hidden Runaway and it made me want to buy the original PC games. Have been leaving hints for Santa but I can't see that happening. Only problem is, the iphone/pad spoils you for game play. It is so much easier to play on these devices. Enjoyed Lego Haary Potter on iphone but got the second on Wii and didn't enjoy it as much. It's the convenience I love and the touch screen play. Even the DS has taken a back seat now. I just wish they would bring the titles that I love to ios

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
  8. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    You have to find hidden objects in the dark while a timer is running and you lose "points" if you make a wrong click? I think I'll pass LOL

Has anyone here played Whisper of Fear: the Cursed Doll? If so, is the game recommended?

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just bought The King's Quest. Bit disappointed that it's not universal, but hopefully it will play okay on my iPod Touch. it will be interesting to see how long before there's a name change, especially since TellTale is supposed to be reinvigorating the King's Quest series from Sierra one of these days.

Has anyone tried FinalCastle yet? I know it's only three bucks, but I hesitate to pay that much for a game from a developer when that's their only game. The screens look pretty cool, though.

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    All of the ones that start with "Escape" will eventually go into the gotmail app:) so download now if you don't want to deal with that frustrating slow app. Thanks Eric!

11. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #4793 paul.hendricks, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    Interesting looking new adventure...

The Journey Down: Chapter One

I like the art and style from the screenshots and trailer. Available this afternoon or evening depending on your location (usual Apple release cycles).

In separate news, in addition to the Walking Dead having a free episode (from the front page), several other Telltale games are on on sale-Hector, Monkey Island, Puzzle Agent.

Have a great day!

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Looks like Paul beat me to it. I haven't checked their entire library, but I'm pretty sure everything of TellTale's is on sale for 99 cents except for The Walking Dead, which as Paul pointed out is free. Here's the iTunes link to TellTale: TellTale on iTunes.

While not nearly as cost friendly, G5 is also having a sale on 26 of their titles. Here's a link to G5: G5 Entertainment on iTunes

Sorry for not listing the individual products, but that's a whole lot to list between the two.

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's cool. I wasn't sure if this one would make it out before Christmas. I unfortunately have not had the chance to try it yet, even though I've had the game for a few days now. I'm really hoping to be able to get into it soon.

14. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Here is a surprise...Activision is releasing most,if not all of the old Infocom games in an anthology, due out this evening (or whatever your standard release time is). It will be priced like the arcade anthology (get a bit free and pay for complete sets via IAP). I'm pretty excited to get my hands on some of these games I spent so much of my youth on... (Link is to the TA forum post)

The Lost Treasures of Infocom Anthology

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's going to be a tough one. My first instinct was "must buy". However, I believe I actually own that collection for my PC. It sure would be cool to play some of those on the iPad, though. I'd especially love to play through Suspended again (and the Zork games, of course).

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    If you don't have it yet (and at $6.99 I wouldn't blame you), Edna & Harvey: The Breakout is now on sale for 99 cents. It's definitely worth it. Quite honestly, it's probably worth $6.99. Anyway, go get it!

17. tielore

tielore Well-Known Member

promo codes for Tesla's Electric Mist

[​IMG]

Hey guys, I've got 50 new promo codes for "Tesla's Electric Mist" on iOS to give away. Private message me if you want one. The game is also now available on Amazon App Store, Nook, Kindle Fire, and Google Play (although on nook and googlePlay we had to break it into three parts due to the size restrictions).

Thanks,
    Tyler
    iCOOLgeeks

18. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Alawar is having a 99 cent sale on all their games. Good time to pick up Snarkbusters 3 before BFG grabs it LOL.