Good Free/Very Cheap iPad Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eliehass, Jan 13, 2011.

1. eliehass

eliehass New Member

Jan 13, 2011
    #1 eliehass, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    A friend of mine just purchased an iPad and wants to get a few games on it to play around with. As of now he is a bit short on cash. Can anyone recommend good iPad games that are either free or less than $2.99?

2. eliehass

eliehass New Member

Jan 13, 2011
  3. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Take a look at http://appshopper.com/ for iPad only games and also for universal games. I hate war and rpg games so I am hesitant to recommend anything to you. I am more into hidden object and match-3 games (if you like those, maybe I could send you a list). There are a ton of great games for your price range. Carefully read the descriptions and see what the feedback is at the App Store.

4. alyfantis

alyfantis Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Hokkaido, Japan
    Two cheap iPad games I enjoyed:

Craft is a really pretty RTS-type game that starts out free but has extra features that can be unlocked for $3.99

Little Things is $2.99, and is a fun, good-looking take on the hidden genre.

I also up Tetris, Scrabble, and Pictureka! during EA's 99 cent Christmas sale. When they go on sale again they're worth it at that price.

5. robertflorish

robertflorish Active Member

Nov 23, 2009
    HexRoto is a good fun,additive amusing ipad game.

6. J-kid

J-kid Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Bug heroes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!