This release date thing is killing me!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#1 Syndicated Puzzles, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    I am ready to blow a gasket.

Str8tslite was released on the 1 of Sept. ( same date we set ) 4 days later it is available with the wrong screenshots ( somehow fixed now ) burried under 4 pages of new releases.
    Now Str8ts and DominoDice are gone off the radar. ( app store)

We have new versions updates coming up so we have the current date showing on Domino Dice and Str8ts as our release date.

I am really starting to doubt my own intellect. Not a good thing!

Some advice please!

2. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Don't know what you're doing with release dates, but the only thing you should be doing is changing the date to the current date the moment you receive the ready for sale email. Don't change it at any other time, ever. I've been through 25+ updates with various apps, and it works the same every time. I get the email. I change the date to the current day. It shows up on the store 3-12 hours later. Where that puts me in the release date list is just luck of the draw. Sometimes it's a great spot, sometimes it sucks badly.

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

I knew you would come to my rescue. We tried exactly what you suggested. didn't work out so great. The wrong screen shots and the disappearing of Str8ts and Domino Dice
    didn't help my cause. The games are back up and I am realizing some of the issues are luck of the draw and can't be controlled.

4. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Just keep in mind that all text, screenshots, and release dates apply to the live version of the app, so don't update them until the new version is live. Past the ready for sale day, you will only be able to set the date to the future, which will take your app off the store until that date.

Other than what I mentioned above, I'm not sure why your screenshots and apps would be messing up. If it happens all the time, an email to Apple may be in order.