iPhone Lich Tower of Doom RPG - (by Expleo Risvold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 12, 2014.

1. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    #121 expleo, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Okey, the next build is getting ready to be uploaded, so if anyone has encountered any issue not adressed, now is the time for last min checkup. It was a tad longer cycle than expected, it was a bit slowdown on the graphics department on some of the new stuff. So this adds 11 new monsters, (some appear cross-dungeon), new soundtrack for the kazabar masters, 7 new spells with varied effects (active and passive combat effects).

Anyway, changelog as it looks now:

NB: Old saves not compatible, finish current game before upgrade.

- Added 3 kazabar bosses, Randomly apearing on level (they also kill local inhabitants !)
    - nerfed luck (influence on spelldamage and other aspects)
    - Fixed heal not curing poison unless player is both poisoned and bleeding
    - Add New spells (burning hands, flame sword, magical arrows, frozen blade, meteor swarm,mental attack,banshee scream)
    - New scrolls:scroll of blindness, scroll of death
    - Add new chars (impa shaman, Eye of the Lich (+4 reinforcements), imperial battlemage, death archer, wisp )
    - Moved spider as general enemy across all dungeons, wisp into elemental and lich tower.
    - Some enemies got 2 different attack animations
    - Add tooltip info on items in pouch
    - Fix for text display error on enemy stun effects
    - General increased dificulty
    - Player dont use mana on failed spell attack
    - Increased cost for general spell attack with +1
    - Increased scoring values
    - New visual FX for rage effect
    - Lesser chance to be ambushed when revisiting already explored rooms
    - Fixed lich entry even not all seals are broken

ps: For the request on archivement, archivement data code is added, but will not go live this content patch, as custom art is created for the varied archivements.

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Fantastic update, man! Looking forward to trying the new build.

3. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Cool, looking forward to it

4. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    And tell your friends :D 2 sales a week does not exactly cover the cost of added stuff haha.

5. Felonious Tub

Oct 3, 2010
    The new update has just gone live. The description is above.

I haven't had a chance to have a play through it yet, but it sounds pretty cool.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Serious 2 sales a week? That is stupid low. :(

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I only see an update from may 21st?

8. Felonious Tub

Oct 3, 2010
    Lately the App Store has been slow with some updates. I downloaded it a couple of hours ago so it should start to show up soon for everyone.

9. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    Yeah, well, and slap in face on me, seems the rescue captive images are missing on the appstore build. So a new version getting ready to be submitted, with the rescue images in place, a fix for kill with staff charge and a situation that could end in locked movement keys if opponent died from poison, as well as decreasing chance to encounter eye of lich.

nothing game breaking, but it is anoying when the things slip past :) main focus this release was getting the eye to work correctly, enemies with vared combat abilities and the bunch of new spells. with all the added passive spells, game needed general toughness increase too.

10. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    yeah, I'd hoped for a little move love from players ;) I'm guessing I missed the core group pretty much. Im biased though, I would totaly buy and play this game if someone else created it.

11. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I think , a lack of reviews, is making it difficult to decide on purchasing the game or not.
    I have looked around , and have not found many reviews if any at all.

12. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Does this play more like a game book or a board game? Any imps?

13. Felonious Tub

Oct 3, 2010
    There's plenty of impressions throughout the thread. Have a read through, but the summary is. Great game, buy it.

14. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    OK, build uploaded fixing missing captive animations, and making the lich eye a bit more rare :)

Somedumbgamer: the game is a roguelike first and foremost. The board game aspects is because the dungeon you navigate in is tiles, similar to what you might draw on a boardgame (actually, this game started as a boardgame prototype for multipayer :) I can upload some screenshots if anyone is interested).

You, the player is a magicuser, and you boost him and his abilities with spells, skills, items or bard songs (purchaseable).

Combat is turn based, and you choose if you want to use item (always success), or want to try a magic or melee attack.

Then you, or opponent, win that round and perform the default attack. You also have a bunch of passive skills and spells that might or might not trigger, depending on skill, status effects and if you tried melee or magical attack.

The fun part (in my eyes) is the wast ammount of skills, items, spells to be found, and numerous animation sequences for the varied attacks, and 69 varied animated enemies.

The game is a bit luck about finding good items/combinations, selection of how much to explore vs getting to the bottom of the dungeons, how and when to spend gold and items, if you want to try defeat the bosses (only the lich lord is needed to win), balance when to use magic and when to use melee.

It is not very mainstream, it is not game of the year material, but I'm confident that if you like rpgs/roguelikes you will find this game worth the few bucks it costs.

If it does not, and you totaly hate it, let me know and I'll refund you the cost :)

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Is there Game Center achievements?

16. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I just want to restate my support for this game. I'd love to see this system developed even more too. If you're looking for something a bit different within the dungeon crawling/roguelike genre, definitely give this a go. The developer outlined the game very well above.

17. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    That would be a no.. BUT :)

And a rather big but too. A lot of archivement code is actualy in the game, but I'm considering adding cool art for the archivements as well as having in-game perks for reaching them all.

That requires a bit more thougt

ScotDamn: thanks. Yeah, there are so many things I'd love to add and/or modify as well, but I have to prioritise time to stuff that pays the bills. All in good time, though. All in good time :)

18. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    #138 expleo, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    wow, 4 days from submit to appstore ready.

anyway, comments, issues, bugs, suggestions always welcome, here or on email.

Edit: fix some, break some. By fixing the stuck animation on poison death, I accidently introduced an issue if you spam-click the magic button in combat, and enemy dies, you get a small window to hit and start casting the selected out-of combat spell.

This can mess things a bit up, so as I add yet another quick-fix submission, don't spam magic button in fight and you should be all right :)

19. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    v 2.3 out now in appstore.

- Some tweaks and fixes
    - added acid trap
    - Eye of Lich can spawn even greater variaty of mercenaries and beast.

So 5 new sprite chars + one trap, all total free for owners of the game :)
    Please mail any and all bugs or comments you might find.

20. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for all the info, expleo. Looks right up my alley...although my backlog is huge! Oh well, what's one more...Downloading now#