Released but not listed?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by HTWGames, Oct 14, 2012.

1. HTWGames

HTWGames Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Hey everyone,

Is it odd to release a game and not be listed on half the media sites you've visited? Even though you've been selected as Editor's Choice and made it on games of the week listings on sites like G4TV, 148apps, etc.?

I'm just trying to understand why we seem to be missing on new release listings at sites like Gamespot, SlidetoPlay, Metacritic etc.

It is really harming the exposure of the title and it's getting amazing reviews where ever it's being played, as well as on these forums.

Here's the game:

Polara
    iOS
    http://bit.ly/Oym4OB

Android
    http://bit.ly/RiGfk8

Just trying to understand how this all works. Are we getting the cold shoulder because we're not a huge dev? Our game is getting the respect and attention of a major title, but the coverage of a local high school soccer game :(

2. VRPgames

VRPgames Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Ireland
    All those sites are automated. You might see your game later. Some robots update sites quicker then the others:)

3. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Ahh, I was thinking that and noticed that we were not able to be found when the search engine was used on iTunes when we were released, however every other game that came out was. So I'm thinking we were missed in the refresh of the store which is ridiculous and not helpful hahaha but that might be why they missed our title.

Either way, seeing our icon under hot new releases or top game of the week is awkward when I can't find our game on half the Internet.

Oh I looked....I also know how big the Internet is to know what half is. ;)

Anyway, cheers!

4. Shizane

Shizane Active Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Game Developer/Designer
    Halifax, NS
    Yeah if you put out a press release, as I do with prMac, the PR's are automatically added to a ton of sites' PR section. Then if the reviewers like what they see they'll report it on another section.

Good luck with sales!

5. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Oh we went with Triple Point PR so we definitely got our name out there. Who knows what's goin on...totally confusing.