Farsh, try the prototype now! [Puzzle]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by medi, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medi

medi New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Hello
    I'm Mahdi Bahrami and I want to inform you about my new game which is soon to be published by Golabi studio for IOS(iPhone, iPad) and Android(phone, tablet).

Farsh is a puzzle game about a carpet in which the player needs to roll the carpet along the platforms and create paths in order to progress through the game.
    With it's innovative gameplay and incredible music Farsh is already being well received by the press and is reviewed by many websites.

You can already play the prototype on windows and mac for free! there is no installation required.

You can download the game from the following urls:
    Windows
    Mac

In-game screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Gameplay video:
    http://vimeo.com/49958127

2. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    This looks so awesome..when will it be released? Saw gameplay video and thought it looked awesome..but it'd be even better if the game was more focused on the mat pattern and having to lay down the correct flooring on each room.

3. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    we are planning to submit the game to itunes during next week.
    the different tile colors and one extra gameplay element for the final version lead to a lot of very challenging and interesting puzzles.

4. Snozberry

Jan 21, 2012
    #4 Snozberry, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    Can't wait to play it. How much will it cost? It'll be an instant buy for me for sure, even if it were like $10. It looks awesome.
    So is the logic part of the game just getting to the box to end the level, or does the colors come into play somehow? To you have to successfully cover every inch of each room? If that's the case, it'll be possibly the best puzzle game of 2012!

YouTube: video

5. Snozberry

Jan 21, 2012
    Oh wow. Just saw a level later on in the game and I am completely amazed.
    I've never seen gameplay like that before in my life. It's probably one of the most innovative things I've seen in a long while. I am truly excited for it's release! I hope it gets huge on iOS. I'm sure apple will feature it. It's amazing! Will eagerly be waiting for it's release! Please keep us updated! Let us know when you submit it! Wow you have a very creative mind! Your a legend ^_^

Do you have a Facebook or twitter account for your company or for farsh? I'd love to keep up to date.
    I am mesmerized by it's unique gameplay and gorgeous graphics.

6. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Picking this up as soon as it comes out. It looks excellent!

7. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    The price is not really set yet, however we will try to keep the price low and affordable.
    The tile's colors definitely affect the gameplay in very interesting ways, the green tile can be rotated only once, you can already imagine how much complexity that would add to the gameplay. Black tile which block the player movement and so on.
    One really interesting element that is added to the game (and is not available in the videos) is the key, the player has to think ahead of using the tiles correctly to lay the path in both ways(to the key and then to the door).

Bahrami is a brilliant designer, he is also the designer of BO, a game which won the "community favorite of indiePub", got an Honorable mention by IGF and was one of the top 10 games of IndieGames.com in 2010. Farsh is his next big game, and i'm sure it will win more competitions than his previous games.

You can always check Bahrami's blog (http://marsigames.blogspot.nl/) or Golabi studio's website for more info(www.golabistudio.com), although Golabi studio's website is currently only in dutch and will be translated to English before the release of Farsh. We will keep you updated in here and through more channels to be available soon.

8. Snozberry

Jan 21, 2012
    After I posted that yesterday I researched and found the website. You're right. He is very talented and he has a very unique ideas and creative mind. I hope he makes more games for iOS in the future, I'd instabuy every one!
    I would have donated to him just for his awesomeness, even though I don't play games on pc, but unfortunately I don't have a credit card.. I promise I'll buy the game though! He definitely has much more potential to make money off the AppStore rather than relying on a donate button when many gamers don't have credit cards. iTunes credit is accessible to everyone, kids, teens and adults with bad credit..

I reckon you shouldn't see yourself cheap...like most games these days are 99c universal..but that's cause huge publishers sell lots of copies and can afford that rate.. Indie devs in the AppStore usually charge $2.99 for a great polished game.. Some examples are world of goo,bumpy ride, beat sneak bandit, save the puppies, joining hands.. They are all very good games and quite popular and are around the $3 mark.. It's also good to start higher than 99c so that after a few days you can lower the price to 99c or $1.99 to have it appear on all the discounted apps websites so it gets more press. If I were you, I'd launch at 2.99 or 1.99 minimum, and release it on a Wednesday night because that is the day you are more likely to get featured apparantly, and you'll most likely get featured with a game like that.. You get featured for a week.so I reckon after 3 days or so, reduce the price down to 99c or $1.99 while it's still on the featured list to get a sales boost.. Just my opinion though..after being an avid iOS gamer for many years and watching sales patterns of people in a similar position.

But anyway.. I'm really very impressed at the gorgeous graphics and I am in awe about the completely unique gameplay.. So excited for this release! Don't rush it though.. This idea is completely awesome.. But in the AppStore, first impressions are most important.. If you release a game riddled with bugs you'll end up with 1 star reviews which can really hurt the game sales.. So just take your time and make it perfect, if it's perfect at release, it'll get featured for sure, and I'm alsmot certain alot of review sites will pick it up and review it.. Submit it to the review sites before you even release it if you can.. Like just say you finish the game on a thursday, have it set to auto release on Wednesday, and while you are waiting for the Wednesday send the promo codes to different review sites like 148apps, toucharcade, gamezebo, touchgen, appspy, etc .. Reciew sites love to feel like they have exclusive access, and when it's a brilliant game, they'll be raving about it all over their site.. Everyone will see it and be jizzing in their pants waiting for it's release.. It'll get more buzz that way!
    And also, you should include a donate IAP button.. Alot of games have this, penguin patrol is one of them.. Basically you buy the game for $3 or whatever you sell it for, but then you also give the option for fans to donate extra money if they feel like the dev deserves it.. Make sure you make it clear that IAP is a donation only and doesn't unlock any content if you do do it.. Like penguin patrol has a menu saying stuff like "thank the developer by buying us a coffee for 99c" buy us a magazine for $3.99, buy us a pizza for $7.99 etc.. It's good because some fans will want to pay more, I know I do when I really enjoy a game I will buy the IAP.
    If you need a beta tester i would love to, my devices include: iPad 2 running iOS 4.3 iPhone 4 running iOS 6 iPod touch running 3.x iPhone 3gs running iOS 5.x.. Lemme know! Good luck, congratulations, and keep up the awesome work ^_^

9. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    Second place at best free puzzle games of 2012!!

So it's been awhile since we were planning to release Farsh in 2012. While all of the levels for the initial launch were ready and the game was almost at a finished state , we were not able to release the game last year. Things were a little too busy here at Golabi studio.

But there is good news , Farsh got a glorious second place at "Top 10 free puzzle games from 2012" on indiegames.com (link) , And we are feeling this is the best time to release the game. So it's time to roll up our sleeves and start working on the finishing touches to finish the game in the upcoming week and submit the game to Apple somewhere the week after with Google-play following soon :).

We are really excited at this moment and have great hopes for Farsh.

10. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    2013 Independent Games Festival winner

Another great news.

Farsh is among the eight winners of this year's IGF student competition ( link ).
    Being selected from over 300 entries this year. We are very proud and happy of Mahdi Bahrami's achievement.

Farsh is currently in testing state and will be released for IOS devices very soon.

11. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I'm so happy to hear. I was wondering what happened to farsh.. Will be keeping an eye out! Congrats on the award too! It appears to be a very innovative well designed game!
    Ps if you need another tester I have many devices including ipad2,mini,ip4,3gs,iPod etc so if you need a tester for any of those devices, let me know :)

12. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    Thank you. The game is however finished and already tested. We are just waiting for mahdi's approval and the game will be out soon.
    You can now follow new developments and news on farsh's facebook page www.facebook.com/FarshTheGame .

We will be giving away promotional codes before the release and i will make sure some of the enthousiast fans get one too ;)

13. polygonplay

polygonplay Well-Known Member

Love the visual style and the gameplay looks really unique. Haven't been this impressed since playing Quell. Good luck with the launch!

14. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    Release

Finally it is time for a release date!

Farsh will be released on 13 March 2013 as a universal app on App store.

Be ready to be amazed by the IGF finalist of 2013.

15. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Awesome! I can't wait!