Restoring Data

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dongslayer, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Dongslayer

Dongslayer Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Hi, i'm a new member but long time follower, i was wondering if there was anyway to restore game data for Hookchamp and Super Quickhook, since i just upgraded to the new iphone 4. All of my achievements are still there that i have gotten, just the hats and characters are not there. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    When you got the new phone did you restore from your last backup in itunes?

3. Dongslayer

Dongslayer Member

Sep 4, 2010
    i've had my new phone for a while now and just remembered to reinstall hookchamp and SQH, so i dont think i backed it up from my last phone save

4. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    ok well then its probably too late. In order to get the save files you need to use the old backup, its possible that its still there if you didn't back up your new one yet. Downloading the app again through the store will just be like getting a fresh game with no play history. The reason why you got the old achievements still is because it was saved through your Openfeint account.

If you ever want any old DLC that you paid for you should be able to download it again for free but thats another issue.

5. Dongslayer

Dongslayer Member

Sep 4, 2010
    If I restored my old backup, which i think i still might have, would the progress that I have made in my new games that aren't included in the old backup be erased?

6. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah you can only have one or the other.

7. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    if you;re gonna do it make sure you have th old backup first. You may have created a new backup if you ever synced your new phone to itunes and put new games on it that way.

8. Dongslayer

Dongslayer Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Alright i guess i will just play through my old games and try to get to where i was. Thank you for all the help!