Universal Warpship

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wandake, May 26, 2016.

1. Wandake

Wandake Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #1 Wandake, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016

Attached Files:

2. xelasnewo

xelasnewo Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Really awesome game!!!! Can get literally everything in one play session. Only thing is that it is pretty glitchy sometimes. Also, if the art was a little more defined, that would be great. Finally, dragons are overpowered for only 15. Thanks for the great game!

3. WandakeDan

WandakeDan New Member

May 27, 2016
    Hi everyone! We'd really appreciate any feedback you have. We have quite a few updates planned for the game as we move forward so there is plenty of things left to do and improve. Just to give you an overview for what we have planned:
    -Additional armies to play
    -Additional abilities to choose from
    -Fleets (or guild/clan in other games)

Our next update is in review now and should be out in the next few days. The update improves unit navigation, balancing of units, and a lot of bug fixes. Again any we’d Like to hear any suggestions or issues you have!

Thanks,
    Dan

4. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    Thank you xelasnewo, really appreciate your feedback. You are right, Dragons are a bit over powered, in the next update we are going to reduce their group number and that should help. You mentioned about some glitches, can you please elaborate on that?

5. xelasnewo

Feb 12, 2015
    Sorry, didnt mean glitches, it is just very slow on the mainscreen, though not in game. I think the in-game itself is pretty much perfect, except maybe for some tweaks to health and stuff. Also, of course, an in game tutorial is pretty much needed. Finally, multiplayer games like this really need some sort of chat system. Im not sure how friends work though, since I dont have any#. If I think of anything else Ill be back

6. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    Thank you xelasnewo, you have been very helpful.

In game tutorial / on boarding is something we are working on and hopefully we will be able to get it in the next update. Friends section is to invite anyone that you know and play a battle with him/ her. You can also chat with that person in the friends section.

There is a small chat emoticon system within the gameplay that you can use to show emoticons to other users, I am not sure if you noticed that?

7. TYLO

TYLO Member

Jan 29, 2016
    During battle, game suddenly stops and goes back to main menu. Sometimes I just get blank screen when opening the game.

8. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback Tylo. Can you please tell us, what device you are playing this game on?

9. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    New Version 0.91

V0.91 is out now on Canada iTunes Store.

Change log:
    -Changed matter (unit upgrade currency) to be a constant rate rather then based on units deployed
    -Improved unit movement and attack formations
    -News Section and Tutorial Video on the home screen and in the settings menu
    -Improved game difficulty and unit balance
    -Fixed issues with resource collection rates during gameplay

10. xelasnewo

Feb 12, 2015
    Never had this. I am on 5c if that helps. Dont have new update tho

11. xelasnewo

Feb 12, 2015
    Are there a lot of bots?

12. xelasnewo

Feb 12, 2015
    More feedback: getting rewards from friendly battles is kind of cheap, people can spam. Also, we need clans, which will make the game more social and people will want to tell other people to get it. (Speaking of, already got 2 people to play:))Also, will this be featured thursday for canada best new games? Next, the premium currency should be able to buy new quest slots, also, more quests please. Also premium currency should be obtained from chests and achievements. Finally, it shouldnt be able to be used to buy chests because it is easier to spend gold#. Another way you could have premium currency is using it to buy gold. I would think you would make more money from that, right? Of course, I understand it is in soft launch so its not perfect#. Thanks for the cool game and the chance to be rank 1 in multiplayer game. Good luck producing and always ask if you need a players standpoint!

13. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    #13 Pyapiopi, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Great game and aside from some clunckiness on the main menu screen the game is great. But want to ask about one of the changes you made.

"Changed matter (unit upgrade currency) to be a constant rate rather then based on units deployed"

Can I pick your mind on why you changed it that way? It feels like you took away depth since now everyone upgrades at exactly the same time.

I want to also add that I do experience the same problem the other user has. Where mid match I just go back to the main screen. I gain exp/gold as if I lost and lose the crystals too. Stinks quite bad. Happens more often than it should, once every 5 games or so. I'm on iPhone 6+.

14. xelasnewo

Feb 12, 2015
    Huh, still never happened to me

15. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    Thanks xelasnewo for the excellent feedback and inviting your friends to play the game.
    Yes, the rewards from the friends battle will be removed in the next update. We may keep a section though, where you can track, who has won more battles among the friends.
    We are not sure about the feature as that is something Apple decides on their own.
    We are working on new content including more quests and achievements.
    Congrats on reaching no1 in such a short time :)

16. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for the feedback Pyapiopi, much appreciated. About main screen are you referring to polish issues or there is something which is not working correctly?

We thought, most players may not understand how you get matter and this will create big difference in between you and enemy. We have the following options
    a) Automate it, so both players have equal matter but match will be decided based on what they upgrade at what point
    b) Give them matter when they deploy units
    c) Give them matter on enemy unit kill

We are still debating about it internally and probably try it few more times, before coming to a final conclusion what fits best for this game. What does everyone over here think about this?

About crashes and coming back to main screen, does that happen on first play or when you are playing second or third time in the same session? We are trying to isolate this bug and hopefully fix it it next update.

17. xelasnewo

Feb 12, 2015
    I like getting matter when you deploy

18. TYLO

TYLO Member

Jan 29, 2016
    iPad Air 2

19. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #19 TywinTheVile, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Great Start Great Potential

My in-game name is Tywin. Top 10 player currently at Number 3. First off I want to start by saying I am hooked on this game and cannot put it down. I've been playing a lot of clash royale, but Warship really is a great alternative and a way to help the clash royale burnout. There is a lot to like about this game and a lot of potential. I'll start off with the Pros as I see them:

Pros:
    • Polished graphics and character movements
    • No Energy Limitations so you can play for as little or as long as you like
    • Unique army so each battle can play out differently
    • Unique battle system where you can take a different approach each game and focus on different troops changing strategy on the fly
    • Rewards for both winning and losing (I know this is changing and it is too bad). The fact that you feel a sense of progression even when you lose is great and there is more incentive to win than to just spam loses for minimal xp and gold
    • Friendly monetization system (I will give this its own section below)
    • Most items can be bought with the earned in game gold

Cons:
    • I still experience lots of crashing battles
    • Limited daily quests
    • Limited achievements
    • No in-game way to earn "gems"
    • Lack of chat functionality
    • lack of guilds/clans (they are on the way)
    • The bots sometimes make silly moves (This is be less an issue once more humans are in game lol)
    • No way to customize "deck" (this will change when they introduce new armies)

Monetization: I want to talk about the current monetization model. I think it is well designed and very friendly to free to play players. You can grind away for gold to buy any unit pack you want. You can also use real money to buy the premium currency and purchase packs without grinding. This model is refreshing compared to other games in this genre where you have to spend lots of premium currency to compete. There are also gold and xp boosts that can be purchased with the premium currency and they will double your gold and xp gain for up to 30 days depending on the pack you buy. This is probably the best use of the premium currency and will hopefully provide the company with a steady flow of income each month long after the whales have spent their initial $5000 to try to max out to the top of the leaderboard. I highly suggest they retain this pay model going forward as it not only feels fair to free players, it allows the almighty credit card users plenty of reasons to spend the big bucks.

Units and Balance: Lastly I will talk about the units and the balance of the gameplay. Generally the game feels pretty balanced and no one unit really shines or feels overpowered. At the risk of them nerfing my favorite troop, I will mention that the sniper does feel very strong, but he is still countered well by other troops. The "end game" troops are all badass and feel very powerful. If a battle goes long enough for you to upgrade a troop (melee, ranged, or AOE) to the final form you are in for some epic battles.

I will close this post by saying everyone should try this game and tell your friends to try it. Buy a gold boost for 30 days and support the dev. I am looking forward to seeing where this game goes in the future and will be providing feedback as the game progresses and changes.

Cheers,

Tywin

20. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010

Thank you Tywin. Feedback like yours is what keeps us going.
    About the "Cons"

We are getting more quests and achievements in. Achievements will give premium currency. though as you have already mentioned, almost everything in the game can be bought with in game currency.
    Are you referring to chat within the game or outside the game like clan chat?
    In the future, you will be able to try new armies instead of just one army that you have.

Cheers/