What's your favorite 'filling' game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Eye Cog, May 26, 2009.

?

What's your favorite 'filling' game?

1. Ball Fill

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. Blowfish

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Expando

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Filler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Just Fillin'

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  6. Virus

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. other

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Eye Cog

Eye Cog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Game Programmer
    Warsaw, Poland
    I know I'll do someone else a favor, since probably my game won't be the most favorite one, but I'll do it anyway.

Original 'Filler' has been some 10 days ago released to the AppStore, and the author claims that:

And I instantly wanted to know if people agree :) So express your preferences! And please, vote only if you have played at least two of those games.

2. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Have played Ball Fill (thanks again for the promo) and Expando. D/l Blowfish (as it was free), but hadn't had time to play it.
    Liked Ball Fill much better than Expando!

3. Heh... I just got done with the review for Filler and talked about this both in the review and with Will Hankinson (the developer). He knows he was late to the scene and that there's plenty of competition. Truthfully, it's a little hard to pick one as there are several that have strengths in different areas. Virus has some sweet visuals, Just Fillin' has some nice subtle accelerometer action going on, and Ball Fill has good physics and some ball linking going on which changes the play a bit. Filler is more or less just the basic gameplay, and I think Will really should have included the challenge mode from his Flash version of Filler 2 (what Filler iPhone is based on) if he wanted to set himself apart from his competition. I kind of understand why he didn't, although that's not for me to say, but it would have been nice.

I dunno what I'd pick if pressed. I did get into Just Fillin' for a while there as the gameplay was simple and intuitive and just worked, and is probably the most like Filler itself, but I kind of like the slight change in formula with Ball Fill, and I was really impressed with the visuals in Virus. If I could combine the four into, like, Just a Virus-Fillin' Ball Filler or something, we'd have the ideal Filler game.

4. Karuko

Karuko Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #4 Karuko, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
    Out of those played full versions of Ball Fill, Blowfish and Just Fillin'. Just Fillin' has a good visual feedback thanks to the water in both the tilting and filling up percentage shown by the amount of water.
    But Ball Fill has hands down the best gameplay, you can tilt however you like that the balls will follow, plus being able to connect and move them makes the game have more potential than the rest. Eye Cog added recently additional modes to his game in both survival and challenge departments, which the others don't seem to have?

5. Eye Cog

Eye Cog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Game Programmer
    Warsaw, Poland
    Looks like people are not playing filling games that much. That would explain poor sales ;)

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Just Fillin free has 13,675 ratings, Blowfish free has 1942 ratings but Ball Fill Lite just 55 ratings.
    People have not found your game yet.