Episodic Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MexicanJesus, Jan 17, 2010.

1. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I have seen a lot of Pocket God and Minigore hype around here. One thing that puts them in common to me is the "episodes". I have no games like this, and wondering if someone cam tell me about how the episodes work. I'm thinking of one of these two games being my next purchase, but neither games screen shots even look appealing to me.

2. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    They aren't really "episodes", per se. It's mostly just a fancier name for "update". Basically, new character are added for Minigore among other, larger updates (such as multiplayer and new maps), and Pocket God gets a new island and a new way to kill the islanders.

Don't even bother trying the two out. Minigore's okay, but instead of that, you could get a game like Red Conquest!. It's episodes are actually going to add campaign levels buddied with online multiplayer and new factions. You'll have to wait longer to get the episodes (naturally), but it'll be worth the wait.

3. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

^ hes an idiot. Minigore is amazing.

4. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Could you relate minigore to any other games? I will probably buy one if these two games this weekend.

5. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Now I remember why I spend the bulk of my time on these forums in the Lounge.

I like Minigore. I really do. Graphics-wise, it's amazing, with its 3D rendering. It runs like a dream on my Touch 3G. And it's constantly updated.

But when I think of "episodes", I think of major additions to storyline, much like you might find on a television show. I expect major plot points alongside updates like new characters, multiplayer, etc. Minigore isn't story-based, so naturally I directed the OP to a game that is, as the episodes will bring major story updates.

It's essentially a dual-stick shooter, much like iDracula or Alive4Ever.

6. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Buy both.

Pocket God is one of those games where you just play for "minutes a day".

Minigore is not.
    It's a dual-stick similar to iDracula or Alive 4 Ever.

But, still, get both.