iPhone Shattered Planet (Kitfox Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tanyaxshort, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanyaxshort

tanyaxshort Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Game designer
    Montreal, Canada
    A fan posted about our game in the iPhone/iPod section and I thought I'd comment here, since it's primarily an iPad game.

The Shattered Planet website

[​IMG]

It's a survival RPG with randomly generated levels, with silly aliens and a long meta-progression between runs. It's free to play, coming to tablets in February, with a PC version in spring. Die4Games also wrote a preview last week.

We're a team of 4. We'll have a trailer next week -- join our newsletter on the website if you want a reminder when we launch.

Feel free to post and ask any questions or make any comments/suggestions. :)

2. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    looks cool- can't wait !

3. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    A rogue-like?

Looks fantastic; don't spend too much time on here - get coding ;-)

Free2Play scares me a little though... would much rather pay a premium entry of $10 for this than have it laden with IAP...

4. tanyaxshort

tanyaxshort Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Game designer
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah, as developers we're also more experienced with premium. The PC version will almost certainly be premium, probably in the $10 range.

But as a new studio with a close-to-0 marketing budget, we have to TRY free to play. After all, the amazing Cardinal Quest barely made enough to pay 1 man's salary, never mind the 4 of us. :\ It sucks but it's the reality.

Our IAP won't let you pay to win or to avoid death, though. It'll just let you customise your character, or be slightly faster in having more options/flexibility. But you can't progress faster -- you'll need skill for that. That's the line we won't cross. :)

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Not to be "that guy", but this should probably be moved to the "Upcoming iPad Games" forum.

I saw this and got excited that this was something that was already out, only to see it's not coming out until Feb.

That said, are you looking for any beta testers? I'd love to help in that regard.

6. tanyaxshort

tanyaxshort Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Game designer
    Montreal, Canada
    Oops, thanks for the note! I didn't realise that was a different forum. My mistake. :) Glad it was moved. Hooray for mods.

And for beta testing, if you join our newsletter, we'll be sending invites there as soon as we're ready. Thanks!

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Coming March 28th
    Android - April 10th

8. Loaded Arts

Loaded Arts Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Looks great man, nice artwork :)

9. sebmat86

sebmat86 Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Looks really good! Awesome!

10. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I believe this is coming out tonight. I played the beta and it's really good.