Hockey Agent - team management sim with a twist. Show me the money!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by StevenNicola, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Hi all

Following on from the success last year of my debut game Soccer Agent (4.5 out of 5 from all-time reviews worldwide) I am delighted to announce the imminent arrival of Hockey Agent.

Maintaining the same addictive, fast-paced gameplay of Soccer Agent, Hockey Agent should appeal to fans of management sims like Eastside Hockey Manager or NHL's Be a GM mode. The twist is you are not a GM though, you are a hockey agent.

The Game:

You must seek out promising young hockey players and sign them to your agency with just one intention: to make money. Winning games and cups is not your concern — instead, you must build up your client roster and look after your players' careers. Can you get them drafted and into the NHL? Negotiate their contracts, find endorsement deals for them and look after their private lives, all the while taking your 10% of course! As the money rolls in you can buy flash status symbols with the ultimate aim of the game to become a filthy rich Super Agent representing the top players in the NHL.

Game features include:
    * Find promising young players and sign them up to your agency
    * Get your clients through the draft – can you find a number one pick?
    * Tout your players to other teams, but don’t let their GM find out!
    * Negotiate contracts and bonuses on behalf of your players
    * Find lucrative endorsement deals for your players – don’t worry, you’ll get your 10%!
    * Upgrade your office so you can represent more players
    * Upgrade your Scout to discover better players — can you find the next wonderkid?
    * Upgrade your Commercial Manager to attract better sponsors
    * Upgrade your Coach to improve you players' skill level
    * Buy luxury items and properties — show off your bling!
    * No ads
    * Just one in-app purchase to unlock the full game — the first four seasons are free
    * Achievements and Leaderboards on Game Center

The game will be free to download, with no ads, and only one in-app purchase — a Game Unlock for $3.99 which must be used after four seasons to continue. I am keen for gamers to download the game for free so they can see if they like it before buying.

I hope to submit it to the App Store in the next few days. Any questions or comments, feel free to ask.

You can find more info and screenshots here: http://hockeyagentgame.com

Thanks for reading.

2. Some more screens...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Big time hockey fan. Can't wait to give this a go! Looks good

4. Thanks turakm. Soccer Agent is very popular amongst soccer fans, so I'm confident hockey fans will enjoy this. :)

5. CarlosG

CarlosG New Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Football or Basketball?

Any plans for other sports in the future??? :cool:

6. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Downloaded soccer agent. It's awesome. I do not know much about soccer but I'm so ready for a hockey version. Cannot wait!

7. joelkaka

joelkaka Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Looks good, good luck.

8. #8 StevenNicola, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Yes, if Hockey Agent is well received there are plans for Baseball Agent and Basketball Agent. I would love to do (American) Football Agent too, but there is no minor league system which makes it very difficult.

9. Thanks :)

10. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    There are secondary American Football leagues. Arena League
    Canadian League
    NFL Europe

VERY interested in the hockey management game. Can leagues be run multiplayer? Similar to like EHM, Faceoff, or other CPU hockey management games where real life GM's each control a franchise?

Rob Lennon

11. I will investigate those. I expect I can adapt the game to the sport as I did with hockey.

There are no leagues, you control your client roster rather than a franchise. It's a unique concept which is unlike EHM etc, but if you enjoy those games you will enjoy Hockey Agent. So no, there is no multiplayer mode, it's a solo game which can be played offline (except when you have to make an IAP to buy the full version).

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Good news!

13. Apple has approved the game, it will be released worldwide this Wednesday July 13th. :)

14. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Nice! Excited to get my hands on it.