Invasion starts in 2010!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tlxo, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 tlxo, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    The game we started making almost a year ago is a-l-m-o-s-t there. As we're hopeless perfectionists, we'll be spending a few weeks adding final touches to the game but I'm happy to announce the title of the game, Get Outta My Galaxy!, and present you with a teaser with some actual gameplay footage:

[hqyoutube]DeokIRJY9fM[/hqyoutube]

As a background:
    You play the game as a slightly grumpy space monster, Waka, who likes the peace and quiet of his rocky home planet in the far edge of the galaxy. One day that peace is disturbed by the invasion of happy and colorful creatures, wiku wikus, that spread life wherever they go. With your nap disturbed and the peace and quiet seemingly lost forever there is no other way out but to clear the entire galaxy.

Original post
    We're a group of three game devs up in Finland working on an upcoming iPhone / iPod Touch title that's actually yet to be titled. We just published a teaser trailer that we hope will make some of you interested of what's to come.

[hqyoutube]GG3XnaXsef0[/hqyoutube]

Music is by Tapani Siirtola from Sound Reel (the guy behind that insanely catchy Minigore music).

We'll keep you posted on the forums here but if you're hungry for more details, be sure to tune in to our blog at ookoohko.com.

Edit 7-Feb-10

I thought to give you guys a heads up on the progress were making with the production of the game so here's a lil' sneak peek behind the scenes: a clip of the cast working hard on some motion capture shots.')

[hqyoutube]Ay8Kwzda4ko[/hqyoutube]

Btw, thanks to Tocarina I realized I should add new stuff to the first post instead of replying to the thread. I promise this will be the last time I post the same thing twice.

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Sounds awesome!

3. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Sounds and looks!

Can You give us more details? About gameplay, features, aims of this game?

4. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    looks interesting :)

5. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

It's the Genesis Device from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn!

Or I suppose this is like the Panspermia theory of life propagating itself between worlds. Are you the one who's spreading, or the one who's trying to prevent the takeover of a new set of life forms? So, take that as the name! :D

6. The game's about a simple creature enjoying a life in solitude on a small rocky planet in the far end of a galaxy (that's the guy on the left).

[​IMG]

The creature's peace and quiet is disturbed by the more lively creatures to his right which forces it to take action. We'd like to keep the details on what that action means exactly under the lid for now but let's just say that cartoon violence is involved. ;)

7. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Looks pretty cool. =)
    Looking forward to it.

8. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Looks amazing! :) Can't wait to see more..

9. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    looks great the planet looks sporeesque which was a fun game on the comp

10. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    yeah for about 7 hours..

11. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Violent animal crossing?

12. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    This game looks for me like 'Spore-killer' :)
    Idea for the game is awesome, I hope You will use it to the max and create wonderful game.

I am waiting impatiently for live screenshots.

13. sampoman

sampoman Active Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Hi, Jarek,

The video teaser is actually pretty close to the actual intro of the game that we have on the device right now, it's just captured with bigger resolution and some post processing FX and some more particles ...

You can count on the fact that we'll be posting more screenshots as soon as we have more (finished) things to show! :)

br,
    Sami Arola
    Technical Director
    Ookoohko Oy
    http://www.ookoohko.com

14. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Thanks for an answer!
    Now I am waiting even more. Do Zou have concept price mazbe_
    And one, verz important question: is there going to be LITE version? It's essenatial, because due to regional conditions in my country I am not able to buy games at all...

15. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Great teaser and cute characters!
    Now I'm looking forward for new informations, some screenshots and a gameplay video ;)

16. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    looks great! Reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy.

17. Hard at work with 'em motion capture shots

I thought to give you guys a heads up on the progress were making with the production of the game so here's a lil' sneak peek behind the scenes: a clip of the cast working hard on some motion capture shots.')

[hqyoutube]Ay8Kwzda4ko[/hqyoutube]

18. Awesome. Finland's devs have talent! :)
    Update the first post, so that everyone sees the info easily...

PS: I see Minigore prerelease thread 2 coming...:rolleyes:

19. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Great video, the animations are really well done and I like the humour :)
    Next one! Next one! :p

20. The game now has a name - Get Outta My Galaxy! - and - GOMG! - is nearly finished! Be sure to check the new trailer with gameplay footage!

[hqyoutube]DeokIRJY9fM[/hqyoutube]