2XL ATV Offroad (gameplay trailer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #1 arta, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
    http://appgamer.net/news/2009/sep/18/debut-trailer-2xl-atv-offroad/

[hqyoutube]R_1cMV9nb68[/hqyoutube]

[hqyoutube]FAHqj7sdzyM[/hqyoutube]

[hqyoutube]hR4TKqm2akw[/hqyoutube]

[hqyoutube]4uc0cA9EdRw[/hqyoutube]

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    The trees seem kinda funny, like you see the same side of it no matter which way you look at it

3. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    #3 Scott30, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
    Im sure I'll get flamed but dont care one bit either, but I'll prob skip this one they devs had said they planned on updating their other game when it first came out, looking into adding a career mode and all and simply did not bother. They had almost convinced me after that to buy it but I figured I'd wait for an actual update, glad I waited! Played the lite and while fun would get very old very quick without a career mode.

After there first reply it had sounded like they were just going to be working on another game yet they told me personally they were very much interested and wanted to update the game and did not. And sure enough with no updates and now a new game.

Dont see mention of one but hopefully multiple game modes mean a Career mode at least. Still wary of these guys though. You'd think at 8 bucks a pop and being in the top 100 for quite awhile they made enough to support a update or two with the last game.

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yeah wow a WHOLE 8 bucks, that's like a whole sandwich and drink at Subway or something, I feel for your pain man...

5. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    lol again this is exactly what ppl said before when the game was released I could careless about buying a 8 dollar game have bought many before, not my point, but when devs lie to you and a game lacks alot of depth without a career mode = pass

6. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    Ist just a clone of Dirt Moto Racing we already have in AppStore..

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Okay I got you I'll bring up the other thread then.

8. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    probably gonna have to see reviews on how it compares to dirt moto first but it looks good nonetheless

9. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    How is it a clone of Dirt Moto Racing? :confused:
    Surely it's ok for more than one game to exist in each genre.
    Looks better than Dirt Moto Racing.
    The graphics look amazing. Definately past PSP level, from what I can see. Looks almost like PS3 graphics!

I just want a track racing bike sim (i.e - MotoGP or SBK) game from 2XL.

10. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    Okay so Im bored at work and figured I'd check that thread too pretty much how I remembered it...heres a copy/paste of some comments I had with them and them with me...

Originally Posted by ronronmx View Post

If you have any question about the game, don't hesitate to ask! Any criticism is welcome as well, good or bad. We want to know what you like as well as what you dislike about it, to make our next titles better and better.

Thanks!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post

Is it just me reading too much into things or does this imply you wont be updating this game at all?

Originally Posted by ronronmx View Post

No not at all, we are planing on supporting this game 100% with updates and bug fixes, to make it better for everyone. What, when and how I do not know yet, but for example adding a career mode would be a great place to start
    We also are planing on making other racing games, and thats what I was talking about.

11. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    What makes me chuckle the most and was interesting was the 100% yes on updates and bug fixes, I guess I wasn't reading too much into things they were as I thought now that they have another game coming out and no updates for Supercross.

Not trying to even say I wont buy this new game but sure glad I didn't buy Supercross, its not even too say Supercross wont ever get a update but you'd think it'd be out before a new game from them is.

And at the least it looks to have a career mode, I honestly would've bought Supercross in a heartbeat with a career mode but w/o its a big nono its just a standard that should be in any racing game. Its funny how you can obviously spend so much time making good graphics and racing but no depth, cause thats prob one of the easier things to add in a structure of a career/season mode ain't that hard to do. Yet gives the games legs and avoids getting really boring too soon.

12. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    I noticed that the trailer said "actual game footage", but not "actual GAMEPLAY footage".

Although the trailer looked good, and i'm sure the game will be fun, that trailer was obviously just a replay of an actual race. I find it kind of irritating when devs don't show actual gameplay, but kind of try to play it off like they did.

13. SicMX

SicMX Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Looks amazing! You can bet the graphics are gonna be incredible because 2XL Supercross is still among the games with the best graphics

Instant buy for me when it comes out!

14. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

#14 nizy, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Right, so the same team (2XL) that has made many ATV & motorcross games over the last decade is now making a "clone" of a 3 month old app store title, that is itself inspired by just about every offroad racing game before it. :confused:

Anyway, there are proper gameplay videos live on their website! Goto: http://www.2xlgames.com/#2xl-atv-offroad-1e886b then click on the "freestyle", "nationals" & "supercross" demo video links. :D

EDIT: You can also view the complete list of achievements, which is pretty epic - I mean "Airmen: spend 1 hour in the air" or "World Class Tricky: Get 10m points".

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #15 arta, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Oh snap! Thanks!

Edit: Holy crap that looks fantastic!

They even put in an RE4 type camera, I'm not going to use it, but I'm sure some people will like the novelty.
    In addition there's first person, handlebar cam and traditional cam.

You can jump really high and do 4 flips.

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #16 arta, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
    Best I could grab right now:

[hqyoutube]FAHqj7sdzyM[/hqyoutube]

[hqyoutube]hR4TKqm2akw[/hqyoutube]

[hqyoutube]4uc0cA9EdRw[/hqyoutube]

[hqyoutube]pOwHNCIMTE8[/hqyoutube]

Achievements: http://www.2xlgames.com/#achievements-1e886d

17. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

That freestyle mode looks awesome. The stunts look simple enough to execute but combos are where the high scores will be, and they seem to add a layer of complexity to it. I hope you can save replays of your run (to youtube) and upload scores to their live.2xlgames.com site.

And then there's those nationals outdoor tracks. The graphics are just insanely good - surely thats a 3GS/3G Touch version - the older devices can't do that, surely? And there is like 8 vehicles on the track, supercross managed 5 on the 2G touch, 4 elsewhere. Anyway its certainly better graphically that Real Racing, NFS Shift or Asphalt 5!

Hodapp or Arn need to get these on the front page!

18. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Lol the racer's hands are off the handlebars when in first person view.

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #19 arta, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    I hope the steering is more manageable this time around, like Aqua Moto.

Also hope the head to head multiplayer is real online and not just bluetooth/ wifi. Also hope you can upload ALL vids to youtube, including multiplayer races.

Good job with them finally having a career mode, with achievements even!

20. SicMX

SicMX Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009