Beta Testers for Table Top Racing wanted.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nburcombe, Nov 24, 2012.

1. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

#1 nburcombe, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    http://tflig.ht/WJCpDS

We're quite restricted on how many testers we can take on, but if you fancy getting involved and helping shape the final stages of development please feel free to put your name down. If your device is jailbroken, we can't accept you as you won't be able to test multi-player with us. Sandbox test environment won't allow it.

Details: Table Top Racing is not your typical iOS racer. The visual quality and smoothness of frame rate (60hz) really makes the game shine. This is a real gamers game. If you've ever been a fan of one of my earlier games "Wipeout" you'll know that I'm a huge fan of combat racing, but this time, we not in the distant future. :) If you've ever been a fan of Micro Machines or Mario Karts, then we hope you'll love it. We haven't started tuning and balancing yet, thats all to come, but we need to testers on a number of devices and we'd like to get you involved so you can give us some real feedback.

Supported Devices: iPhone 4, 4s, 5. iPad 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Gen, iPod 5th gen (need to test 4th gen again). iOS from 4.3 and above. Sorry 3GS owners, just not capable of 60hz on that device.

There are only 10 slots available for this first initial test and so we're looking for device range. Please don't get upset if youre not in the first batch. We will be hopefully expanding for more tester later.

<edit> Have a look at the screenshots on https://www.facebook.com/Playrise
    (Thanks dreadnok)

Thanks

Nick Burcombe
    CEO, Playrise Digital Ltd.

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    #2 dreadnok, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Can you provide any more detail about the game itself or screenshot?

Scratch that saw the FB page I'm in

3. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Looks really great. Just registered with iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

4. cho777

cho777 Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Looks really good! Registered with iPhone 4S

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Registered iPod 4g iOS 6.0.1

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Registered my 4S 5.1.1

7. nburcombe

HI Gus, quick update.

We're just looking to finalise plans. We only have a few of spaces for public testing. If there anyone who wants to help with Portuguese and Italian translations that could certainly swing in your favour - and you'll get your name in the credits. I hope the guys that do get selected don't mind signing an nda and some basic Terms and conditions? :) Thanks for your patience.

8. iosappsrock

iosappsrock Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2012
    I registered with an iPod Touch 5G, ios 6.0.1. Hopefully I'll get to beta test this one, because I love top-down-ish racers. :)

9. Kofiaa

Kofiaa Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Student
    Aberdeen, UK
    Looks amazing, I hope you will open beta testing again further down the line.

Please don't forget us 4g touch users.

10. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    NDAs used to be the way most betas were done before so no problems here :D

11. nburcombe

Some weekend updates for Table Top Racing

Should work fine - last time we ran it it was 60hz but we couldn't quite keep that framerate with all the fancy bloom lighting. Still, it's the same game and plays the same. The minimum iOS version has now gone up to 5.0 so we can have leader boards. Every single lap you do in any game mode will be tracked and your fastest lap on all 16 routes will be stored with your saved game and synced with game centre. It'll be some time before people figure out the fastest way around the tracks. :) Any upgrade goes too. :)

Just finished tweaking all the routes for the AI make sure they can handle top speed and still do competitive laps....I say that....I can't get out of 5th place unless I upgrade my car so I'd say - Yep - they're competitive for sure.

We had a quick 4 player rout over Game Centre the other night - by the end of it I was just glad we didn't have voice chat. Getting my ass kicked regularly. More practice I think. Spend too much time looking for bugs and things to fix that concentrating on the race, combat and counter-combat strategies - there's quite a bit of depth in there. Hope you guys like it when it comes out next year.

Nick

12. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I registered but the beta is not there...:(

13. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Game looks good. I'm in. :)

14. nburcombe

Sorry Danny not just yet. Needed to finalise the traks and pickup placements first. Just doing that today. I'm just seeing how many UDID's we have left. Apple give you 100 per sku, but we've used a lot of them already showing publishers etc. However - we're going to self-publish so keep you're eye peeled. I'll try and get a few of you on this next build. :) Thanks for your patience folks.

15. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Ok thank you :)
    I'll wait:)

16. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Can't wait

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I signed up can't wait sorta reminds me of a economy racer game mixed in with twisted metal small brawl

18. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Registered my iPhone 4s

19. spikeyflip

spikeyflip Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    #19 spikeyflip, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    Never mind I'm registered :)

20. nburcombe

Just visit www.testflightapp.com through safari and register there and then install the provision/webclip thing. :) Should work. I can't vouch for the TA apps compatibility.