iPhone Overkill 2 - shooter with realistic 3D weapons (by Craneballs) [universal, F2P]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craneballs, Jan 24, 2013.

1. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

#1 craneballs, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    You can sign up at Overkill 2 Homepage now for a free MP 40 in Overkill 2.

The new exploding teaser for Overkill 2 is here!

[​IMG]

We are happy to officially announce Overkill 2.

Overkill 2 is a first person shooter with heavy emphasis on weapons, weapon customization and upgrading.

OK2 follows the success of the original OVERKILL, our first shooter on mobile devices. Overkill 1 has over 10 million downloads on iOS alone and 4.5+ ratings. You can imagine the weight of responsibility we feel when working on Overkill 2 :)

You will be able to tell if we succeeded very soon. Overkill 2 will hit the Appstore in March.

Feel free to ask any additional questions, we will be more than happy to answer them.

Craneballs Team

PS: A few screens from the game menu:

This is the gun upgrading screen where you can put all sorts of upgrades on your weapons and rotate and toy with them anyway you please.

[​IMG]

This is the gun shop - work in progress still, but it gives you a fair idea :)

[​IMG]

2. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Hello,
    I hope my most recent impressions are of some use.
    I have emailed them to Daniel just now,
    Complete with grammar and spelling mistakes.

I was playing at the same time as typing in order to get accuracy of the gameplay, just not the written words :p

If it is that bad I can rewrite it for you, please let me know!

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    'with heavy emphasis on weapons, customization, upgrading', i.e.: IAP!!!!

4. craneballs

Oh yes, the acute freemium scarecrow...

Sure we need to make a buck to be able to keep our studio running and keep creating games for players to enjoy, but that's understandable, wouldn't you say? We certainly don't make games to become millionaires. We stick to the F2P model and we always put the gaming experience on top.

As for the weapons and upgrades in Overkill 2, many of them can be bought with in-game currency and you will be able to finish the game without spending a penny.

But hey, don't take our word for that. Simply try Overkill and see for yourself :)

5. craneballs

The new exploding teaser for Overkill 2 is here:

6. craneballs

Hello forum!

Just wanted to let you know that since we've had our previous versions of Overkill 2 rejected from Apple we decided to use the extra time to add Survival Mode already.

It's an endless mode similar to the one from the original Overkill + we've added new mechanics in the form of multiplier to spice things up. The better you play the higher it goes. Multiplier does what they tend to do: multiply your score. But it also brings you back to life when your health drops to zero.

[​IMG]

7. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Nice work! Why was it rejected?

8. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Yes, why? How do all these spam apps get accepted so much, but a game that actually looks good was rejected... Maybe something was incomplete?

9. craneballs

The Elite Account backfired. Since there are players who want to run through games as quickly as possible, we introduced this feature that gives +50 % more experience and money and makes you progress quicker and unlock new guns sooner.

First we had it as in-app purchase, but had the type wrong (consumable instead of rental). after that we changed it to be bought by in-game currency (which is what Clash of Clans do with the protection shield), but same reason again.

In the end, we gave the Elite Account up for now since we really need the game out... fans are getting restless :)

edit: and thanks Lost_Deputy :)