Geo Vertex - Game Showcase

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Presty6, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Presty6

Presty6 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    #1 Presty6, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
    Feel free to leave screenshots/gameplay of your game.

-----

Added by the Mods:

This thread is for posting screenshots or videos of your home-made geovertex games.

Feel free to comment on the games posted, but for general discussion, impressions or questions about Geovertex, please use the game discussion thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=183740

2. touchDev192

touchDev192 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Thanks for creating this thread, I think it's a great idea. In the next update, you'll be able to easily share video replays (facebook, youtube, twitter, email), so it'll be a lot easier to share your creations.

3. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I would love to post screenies of my latest project but what if some unscrupulous Geovertex user grabs my idea and works tirelessly to submit it before me in a similar vein to the Ridiculous Fishing debacle ? .... I joke ill post screenies in the next few days once I've pimped my game up a bit !

4. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Haha, I look forward to seeing your screenies! (and also playing it after you've submitted it)

I'll be sure to post videos of any games I make with the new features coming to the next update! (posted about that in the other thread)

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Hi all!
    Feel free to show us your creations! It doesn't matter if they are small, simple, or crazy- they might inspire others to make some cool stuff!

6. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    How about I start by showing you the first game I ever made.
    Presenting: The classy gentleman with a top-hat riding an orange motorbike!

Attached Files:

7. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Looks really cool, did you ever get anywhere with that game, or was it just messing around? Would be great to see that vehicle (plus driver) in a game!

I'm just making a couple of videos now to show a couple things I've created and also a couple games which I created for the update. If there aren't any objections, then tomorrow maybe I could create some videos of other peoples games which are in the update to show you (with credit given to the user who submitted it of course).

Anyway, here's something I quickly did last night, mainly to test what it would be like having a game in portrait mode, using the accelerometer for rotation and thrusters for the forward movement. Actually found it quite fun though, so I'll maybe expand on it:

8. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Another one I created, which will be in the update:

And watching this, I can see I totally forgot to create an icon for the thruster button, but I guess it would be covered by your finger most of the time anyway!

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Wow those are amazing! I'm surprised how good you are at the first game, and the second one blew me away! The objects nearly look 3-D! Neat work dev, looking forward to trying it out myself!

10. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Well it was just to test things out- mainly rotation joints. The game is actually pretty bad and doesn't have any actual goal except to try and survive the jumps which 70% of the time make you turn 180 degrees and die. But I will send it to you anyway so you can just check it out for yourself :)

11. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Haha, to be honest, it took a few tries to get that far! But I like games that a hard like that, because you can keep replaying them quickly to try and beat your score, and you don't have a slow 'easy start' to get passed before you get to the harder bit, which I sometimes find boring.

12. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    That's true that hard games often have high playability, so I will keep that in mind :)

13. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Just want to show a quick test I did to show how pseudo 3D could work, as it was mentioned in the main thread. (also based on the image shown in the other thread)

Movement isn't exactly realistic as theres no scaling, but it's certainly possible to create this sort of game, just requires a bit of thinking!

14. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Cool! There should be a way to color objects though. I want to get this, but I don't like how all the games have to have the same wireframe art style.

15. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Thats actually just me, you can make objects solid, and change their colours, and also you can change the background colour of the game world... Im sure one of the previous videos shows some coloured objects! And a lot of the games included have colour in them too.

16. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Haha that's cool! Couldn't help smiling during the video, because I was imagining the skeleton was saying "TA DAA!"
    Would love to see some games using this technique, only problem is you couldn't rotate the camera to look around the corner like a 3-D game. Still neat, though, as this has given me the idea of a sidescrolling game where the user must avoid holes and such by moving up and down the plain. (The character wouldn't collide with anything, but would have an invisible block at its' feet which would collide with stuff, or something."

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #17 Duivs, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    Sneak Peek!

Here is a sneak peek at my new game! This is the melee character, about to attack a vicious and dangerous enemy :p

Feel free to comment or suggest :)

Attached Files:

18. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    The Elite Trio!

The game I have been working on for a while now has all three characters!
    Presenting:
    The ELITE TRIO!
    image.jpg

19. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Can't wait to see the final version of this game!

Just wanted to show a couple of videos to show the Gravity Field attribute, one with it setup normally, and one with it setup as inverted.

So here's the normal one:

As you can see, jumping still works fine, and will cause the object to jump opposite to it's current gravitational pull.

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Ok. Now that's cool.
    The first clip really reminded me of a game called 'Orbitz'.
    This seems promising :p