Wastedyuthe presents ... PUNK JUSTICE

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wastedyuthe, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 wastedyuthe, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    [UPDATE] Punk Justice is OUT NOW!

[​IMG]

Trailer:

New Preview:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I began learning Objective C on 22nd Jan, just a few months ago. And now, I am happy to present my very first app. "Punk Justice" is a fighting game, where you play Jed as he rids his local parks of the gangs that have claimed them as their own.

Features:
    - Fast, strategic fighting action
    - Jab, straight, hook, and uppercut punches available through different combinations
    - Quickly dodge your opponents attacks, then counter attack as they withdraw their punch
    - Extremely simple controls, utilizing just 4 in-fight buttons- 2 for dodging, 2 for punching
    - Punch buttons disappear when your character is out of stamina, to aid the player
    - 4 gangs/opponents, each having their own speed of attack
    - 4 opponent ranks- the higher the rank, the tougher the opponent
    - Balanced opponent statistics. The more speed they have, the less power and strength. Likewise for their offensive and defensive tactics
    - 4 fight types, including Normal, Timed, Endurance, and Double (Endurance and Timed combined)
    - Campaign mode features 4 parks, each defended by 9 opponents
    - Campaign mode offers a choice of opponent. You must choose carefully based on the fight type the gangs have chosen for you and the individual statistics of the 9 gang members
    - Different medals are awarded on campaign completion, depending on how well you did. Can you earn the top medal?
    - Quick Fight mode features a choice of any fight type, opponent, opponent rank, opponent tactics, as well as a Random option
    - Stylish comic-style characters, with smooth animation and frame rate.
    - Beautiful stylish menus
    - Music tracks written by Wastedyuthe
    - Full in-game instructions
    - Play in in both landscape orientations- which ever you prefer
    - Automaticly saves after each Campaign fight
    - In-game pause, and settings option temporarily show the status bar for you to check battery level and time

Due in the app store soon. It will be priced at 59p / $0.99.

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Sweet!!!! Good job
    Nice art work
    And from our own TA mod even better!

Gratz!
    I'll be looking for it on the app store

3. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    YES YES YES YES YES!!

it looks great
    i love it
    pricing?
    should it be here by the end of the month?

4. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Wow, it's like a mix between 'Punch Out' and that movie 'The Warriors'. Looks like and absolute blast!

5. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Is this turn based?

6. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Wow so inspiring im also into learning coding right now(book, internet etc.) and it's so inspiring to see you who only began coding in January to already come up with your first game that already looks more visually appealing then all the other mess in the app store. Thats the second TA member(WellSpentYouth) to come up with an app after seeing the wonders of the app store this year its amazing!
    Good Luck to you!

About the game, like I said it's looks plenty beter then most of the stuff in the appstore it's pretty mind boggling at the least. I'll put this on my "to-do list" when it comes out.

Did you have any other coding experience before this game? Or any other graphic experience?

7. 1) 59p/$0.99

2) Hopefully, depending on how long it takes to approve, within the next 2 weeks.

No. Watch the video again. Think Iron Fist Boxing and Smack Boxing, but with no boxing gloves. The AI is smart enough to dodge your punches on higher ranks, so the best way to beat them is to wait for them to attack, dodge, then, counter.

I only programmed in BASIC on my old Acorn Electron, then ZX Spectrum, then the Atari ST- all those many years ago. Same with the graphics. I have edited photos, but this is the first real work on graphics I have done in years.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

8. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

I've been following the development of this game from the start, and it looks amazing! Wastedyuthe has put a ton of time into this, and I think it shows for itself. My last 2 suggestions to make this a KO game would be to change up the punch sound effect (sounds kind of cheesy right now) and to start thinking about adding multiplayer fights with the 3.0 software. Until then, looks awesome and I'll definitely be picking up a copy when it comes out! You should too!

9. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    That looks....SICK!!!
    and I think we can all trust you as a dev to keep us updated and all that awesome stuff.

I just wish the woman looked a bit more womanly...maybe more curvy instead of rectangularly. all other characters are intense:eek:

10. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Congrats! This looks great. I don't even like boxing, but I'll buy this.

11. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    #11 pablo19, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    Question: One problem I had with iron fist boxing was that I had no idea were the other guy was gonna go, so blocking punches was very confusing. Is there a way to tell there the enemy is going to punch before he does it in this game?

12. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Really nice job. Everything about it is beautiful. Didn't really expect THIS much for your first app (no offense) but usually people making their first app don't do too well. Another plus for you: not many of these type of games are out so yeah.

Congratulations on your first app; looks splendid. I'm sure you'll do well in this thriving economy aka App Store especially with the support of so many TA members (I included).

13. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Congrats Wasted! I've followed you from the start and it's great to see all your hard work paid off. Looks fantastic!

14. Thanks for the suggestions, and I'd like to respond...

1) The video doesn't do the sound effects justice (Justice, see? hehe).
    I spent a lot of time recording the right sound myself, and wanted a sound that replicated someone getting a right smack in the chops. What makes them sound tinny is twofold- 1. The iPod Touch speakers. 2. My compact camera I used to record the video.
    Hopefully, when the game is out and people stick in their headphones, they'll hear the punches having a bit more Oomph!
    2) Give us chance!! It took me this long to make a single player game! :D

Fair point about the woman. But that's the good thing about updates. I have already considered cleaning up the graphics even more for a future update, as well as adding some intro screens and a more satisfying climax to the campaign mode.

15. I COMPLETELY agree with you regarding Iron Fist! Which is why you will NOT have that problem with my game- I promise.

Their are four opponents, each with their own speed. The slowest is the most powerful, but is the easiest to spot his attacks coming. The fastest, the woman you see in the video, is less powerful but you will need faster reactions to dodge her blows. However, I have made certain that anyone with a fast thumb action can always see her attacks coming and dodge out the way.
    I don't like games that are unfair. In my game, I made sure that when you lose a fight, you know it's because you could have done better- not because they are too fast for you to dodge.

16. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    not too bad, man...

but, couldn't you find a better audio effect for the fists? :)

Also...you like the glass effect TOO much :)

The rest is fine.
    Good job.

17. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

I know asking for multiplayer is a bit much. I only suggested that it would be a wonderful feature to add around June when the 3.0 software is available to the public. I don't think anyone has any qualms about punching out their buddies. :)

Until then, we'll be getting plenty of practice in with the AI.

18. Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the sound effects, see my response about them in a previous post. Stick the headphones in when you get the game.

Yes, I like the shiny button effect. But it's not something I will do for every game. I just thought it would be good to stick to one style throughout the game, rather than various looks. Isn't it better to have a uniform look after all?

19. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    update ur sig. no longer a future dev. u r a dev!!

20. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Congrats! Looks great! great music too! This will be a hit imo!