Free DJ Jones Poll

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shibby, Jul 17, 2009.

?

Should DJ Jones have a free, fully-functional, ad-supported version?

1. Great idea!

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. What are you thinking!?!

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Shibby

Shibby Active Member

Jun 19, 2009
    *Sorry fir the double post but I thought this discussion might be better suited for a new thread

This has been a great week and I had a lot of fun chatting with many of you over email about DJ Jones.

I am currently reading a great new book called Free: The Future of a Radical Price and was wondering what everyone's opinion would be on a completely fully-functional version of DJ Jones that is identical in every respect, except that it is free and ad-supported. The $0.99 version would still be available for anyone that wanted to remove the ads.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the viability of this idea.

Thanks,

Shibby

2. oneWAYup7

oneWAYup7 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    In God's World
    #2 oneWAYup7, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    I don't mind ads, as long as they're no intrusive. I believe people make way too much of a deal about ads. They complain too much and most of the time i don't even notice them.

3. colbertj

colbertj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    College Professor
    Massachusetts
    Adds don't bother me at all. What would bother me is if I paid for the app and then it suddenly is free and then I have to deal with ads. I suppose in theory this shouldn't matter because you were happy when you paid for it, but we are humans!!

I'm a purist and whatever gets the games in the hands of the players the easiest is my recommendation.

4. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Sure, an ad-free game would be great if it will help you boost your sales. :)

5. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Lol I don't think the information you gather here will be valide...haha cuz basically those who don't have the game ill say its a good idea and those who have the game will say its a bad idea just to "protect" their purchases.

6. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Well, I have the game and an ad-free version would be good. At least, I think. :p

7. Shibby

Shibby Active Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I like the idea of ad-supported, but I'm also not convinced of the effectiveness of in-game ads since I would have to generate a lot of click-throughs just to recover the loss of sales to my $0.99 version.

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    if you have the game fully functional, then yes, you are likely to lose a lot of sales as people decide to live with the minor annoyance of the ads to get the app for free