Why play Rage HD with touchpad controls?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 22, 2010.

?

Which Rage HD controls do you use?

1. Tilt

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Touchpad

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I thought one of the perks of the rails were to make the game easier to play without having to put your fingers all over the screen. The tilt controls are fine once you invert the Y-axis.

2. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I personally hate tilt controls, whether it uses the gyro or not. Simply not as accurate as using the touch screen for me.

3. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    That's why you have to practice with them. I felt the same way too until I got good with them. :D

4. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Well, I'll be honest, I just don't have the patience. :D

5. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I also hafta say I HATE motion controls. Not to mention how goofy you look waving a ipad around when out in public!

Give me a touchpad or virtual d-pad and day!

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I hate both controls. I can't enjoy a game where I'm constantly fighting with the camera. It would've been a much better game if it was off rails and used Modern Combat's controls, IMO.

7. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Hahaha. True. An older woman on one of the trains I ride gave me a very worried look while I was playing Jet Cat Stunts. She probably thought I was crazy.

Which control scheme do you use in Modern Combat? Touch pad, gyro, dual sticks? I really like how that game gives an option for each kind of preference. The best controls I ever used were the ones in Call of Duty: Zombies. I know some people don't like them, but they play just like Halo controls for me.

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    In Modern Combat 2 I use touch screen to aim, virtual stick to move. I tried gyro and liked the accuracy of the aiming, but I didn't like having to stand up to turn around. It's a shame because gyro controls can be really accurate, for example in Eliminate: Gun Range, I perform MUCH better using the gyro controls than touch controls. But it only works well in that game because there is no movement. I think RAGE could've worked well if gyro controls were an option and the reticule didn't automatically reset itself to the centre of the screen.

9. robotfish

robotfish Member

Oct 4, 2010
    I didn't like the tilt controls until I realized the difference between tilt and gyro lol

10. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    i use tilt,. when i use the touchpad i always hit the pause button.

but both aren't as good because the camera constantly makes sudden sharp turns. it makes it really hard to collect ammo and bash bux or whatever they're called.

11. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    But isn't that the point? And isn't that why their are so many power ups in the game?