Universal Warm Gun (By Emotional Robots)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 10, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Wow, the update actually came out. Looks promising from the long list of changes. Will try it out soon.

2. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I just tried it out, the problem here is that the community for this game is basically dead in the water. Who knows, maybe it'll pick back up once word spreads about the update, but this being a mainly online-based game, the long wait for this update really put a sting on the game.

3. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    Here's to hoping you're right, but as of right now, the online community for this game is a ghost town :/

4. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Redownloading now, hope it's good.

5. ZachLehman

ZachLehman Member

Jul 28, 2011
    #485 ZachLehman, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    When you trash the game by calling it 'atrocious', you're driving other potential players away from the servers, leaving you with fewer people to play against. Also, based on what you said (and the order you said it), it seems like you had some pretty strong feelings about the update before you even tried the update.

Just saying.

With that said, if anyone does find bugs or crashes, let us know! Now that the entire game has been overhauled, we're in a much better position to squash bugs quickly. Also, now we have a chance to drop more time into new content :)

6. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    well, it definitely was atrocious....

7. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Just re-downloaded the demo. Am i supposed to be able to shoot when tapping anywhere in the screen? Movement works ok but if i try to 'free look' i end up constantly firing my weapon...

8. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    You sound ridiculous using terms like "bones" and "5 spot". especially when you use two different terms regarding currency in the same thought process. How embarrassing for you.

---

Anyways, I thought the game had potential but bad AI and too many bugs. Non-existent community sucked too. I just updated and unfortunately, it crashes on start up. Removed everything from multitask bar and restarted. No dice. This is on ipad with latest ios.

9. ZachLehman

ZachLehman Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Does it happen to give you an actual crash message, or does it just revert back to desktop?

If it's the latter, it might help to do a hard reset on the device if you haven't in a while.

10. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I cant believe I actually paid 5 bucks for this.

11. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I think it's important to realize guys that the Warmgun team is really trying to improve the game. They had to work hard to stabilize with iOS 5, and the graphics of this game are really amazing and for 2 whole dollars, well worth the price.

Instead of knocking this game, try to come up with suggestions for them to improve so that we can could get an online community started.

12. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Balancing/suggestions

Ok, so I haven't touched much of the online, but then i didn't play much of the online when WG first came out. But anyway, I've devised a list of fixes, suggestions, and balancing changes that need to be made.

Fixes:
    -When viewing the kill/death info screen at the end of a match, the game freezes. This should never be the case, as this screen should show up automatically after each death and at the end of a match. The player shouldn't have to worry about bringing the screen up after every match.

-Muzzle Flash: a few weapons, namely the shaman AK47 and the preacher's twin pistols have very unreliable muzzle flashes, as in sometimes when firing the gun they don't appear. I know it's a small detail but it makes a big impact on the feel of the game.

-I've noticed a few enemies getting stuck in some of the guardrails by the bridge in Lowside.

-Ammo indicator- The HUD needs some sort of ammo indicator so that the player knows when a reload is needed.

Balancing: After a lot of offline battles, I've noticed a trend that the blacksmith and preacher, particularly the blacksmith, consistently finish below the shaman and the 49er in the kill/death standings. After playing a lot with all the characters, it is easy to see why. I also noticed many of the characters are hard to distinguish from eachother outside of their appearance and weapons. So here are my suggestions to balance the classes:

-Blacksmith: His chain gun, even with unlimited ammo, is way too weak. It is much slower than the Shaman's assault rifle, and has a significantly lower fire rate. It needs more power. Also, to differentiate the blacksmith from the other classes, make him slower with more health. He looks like a tank, should he be one? also to make his chain gun better, you could require the user to spin it up for a second before firing (and increase rate of fire after spinning), or have fire rate increase over longer bursts. For either of these, you should make it so that it will overheat if used for too long. Also, the hammer is almost impossible to use on a moving target. The hit detection for this needs to be greatly improved.

-Preacher: His repeater is fun to use, but reload time is long and rate of fire is low. Solution? Increase its power. Right now its at 25 per shot, increase it to 40 or 30 at the least. I don't see anything wrong with him other than that.

-49er: His pistol is way too powerful. At 75 per shot, it kills most enemies in the game with 2 hits. With fast reload, and fire rate about equal to the preacher repeater, this thing is a beast. I say you should do atleast one of two things. One, decrease its accuracy. It is a pistol after all, this would make it more of a risk vs reward weapon to use. you could also lower its power, which would be an easy fix. As for the shotgun, I dont see anything too wrong, but I'd consider adding more buckshot pellets or whatever and lowering the damage per pellet, that way the shotgun power is more dependent on range. As the default shotgun class, you could give it more speed and less health to differentiate it from the other classes.

-Shaman: My favorite class, nothing too wrong here I think. Maybe lower the damage of the AK47 if it seems to powerful, But I don't think it is. Maybe give it more speed and less health to differentiate it from the preacher.

Other things to add:
    -New Classes, weapons
    -More Weapons per character, ability to modify loadout
    -Equipable perks
    -Unique health and speed stats for each character
    -Leveling system, unlock perks and weapons as you level characters up

Sorry for being so long, and thanks for reading if you got to the end of this. I think this game has a lot of potential, hence why I thought it necessary to write this. Keep up the good work!

13. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Jst redownloaded to give it another try-can anyone list the updates this has recieved?
    Just hoping the servers have improved

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    There'll be some anger towards the game as many of us spent 5 dollars on this game months ago and couldnt do much with the game as it was so buggy/bad. So when it comes back months later some of us are a bit hesitant or still annoyed about the money we wasted earlier (granted only 5 dollars but that could be towards another game)

Glad its sounding 'better' as others have said, it always had a lot of potential.

15. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    I can't tell if you're joking, or if you're actually serious in trying to diss me for using slang terms for currency. If so, this post is probably in the top ten nerdiest things I've ever read. Ironic that you cap it off by saying how embarrassing for me. Your post is the posting equivalent of pushing a pair of scotch tape-repaired coke-bottle spectacles up the bridge of your nose.

To the guy who said calling it atrocious only hurts the number of people I play against, and that it sounds like I said that before trying the update: I tried the update before posting that it was atrocious. Since it still is atrocious imo, I don't need to worry about the number of players in the online community, since I deleted the game from my device after playing the update. I'm sorry if my opinion offends you, but this game is a sloppy, choppy mess, even on new devices.

Man, people are defensive around here sometimes.

16. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    True, so true

17. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Anyone try this on 3g?

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Yes! No problems (like crashing so far)

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    has anyone found the secret easter egg room yet?

20. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'm with you, brother! 100%!
    Ignorance , immaturity, insecurity, anal tendencies? Pick one or more, right?! :D