GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    I just got Crossed the streams achievement.Seems you have to kill the magican drudge that doesn't jump at you and only casts spells.Now I have 85 of 86 achievements and only need to get few more hats to get that hat achievement.

2. snipyro

snipyro Member

May 30, 2009
    I personally never managed to finish Mage Gauntlet. It got a little bit repetitive, just like every other hack and slash game. Love the art style, and the levels are really pretty for a pixel art game, but the combat and gameplay didn't really wow me. Still worth the $2 though! I generally don't find iOS games particularly addictive/fun so I'm an odd one out. :p

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Would anyone happen to know if the weapons have different hidden damage statistics?

Heh. Actually, I find it hard to remember ANY computer, mobile or console game that did not have this effect on me ;) Luckily, I normally play around 15 minutes a day, on any device, so games rarely have the time to get old on me ;)

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #1524 backtothis, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    Not that I'm late at all, I just finished the game. It only took a measly 7 months since I bought it. Awesome, awesome experience. Looks like it only gets better from here with the Master Mode. My only complaint is that boss battles are so much easier than the harder normal levels. Didn't really care about getting three stars in each level, so the game was overall pretty easy once you figured out how to dash and attack properly. Loved the spell system. Enjoyed how stats/equips were kept simple. There are enough other RPGs for that kind of thing. Hats never get old. The humor/notes hidden in the levels were the best part. The ending was a little sad, even if this is the least story-driven RPG out there. The tunes were nice too. The art rocked. So yeah, 5 stars..not that anyone already thought this was a good game. Finished the game at level 40 with half the achievements. As always, I'm looking forward to RC's next game.

5. Margeta

Margeta Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Haven't checked this thread in a while, thanks for the answer.

If someone could upload me its save then, I would be grateful ^^ (still haven't got the motivation to re-complete the game and its achievments :/)

6. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My apologies if this has already been posted but is it possible to transfer saved game progress to a new iDevice?

7. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry, disregard this post, I'll tinker with the back up feature in iTunes. (I would have just deleted the initial post but I don't think it can be done through the TA app)

8. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yeah, there is. When your iPod is plugged in to your computer, go to the iPod section of iTunes and then go to "Apps". Then scroll down and you should see Mage Gauntlet somewhere in the File Sharing section. You can transfer your save file to the computer, and then later transfer that file back to an iDevice.

9. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks nFong :)

10. asianskunk5

asianskunk5 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    #1530 asianskunk5, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    Is the Hat Hoarder achievement broken? I just got it with 4 hats still missing.

Oops, just found the following clarifying post:

11. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've got all the notes in Story Mode but haven't received the Shadow Sleuth achievement yet- any thoughts on what I might be missing?

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    TAGOTW of THE YEAR !!!

[size=+8]TAGOTW OF THE YEAR[/size]

[thread=125714][​IMG][/thread] [thread=117541][​IMG][/thread] [thread=116591][​IMG][/thread] [thread=114804][​IMG][/thread] [thread=105699][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=142304][​IMG][/thread] [thread=110788][​IMG][/thread] [thread=111513][​IMG][/thread] [thread=126462][​IMG][/thread] [thread=124184][​IMG][/thread]

[size=+3]WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE ???[/size]

[size=+5][thread=146395]VOTE NOW[/thread][/size]
    Poll close
    08-26-2012 at 07:29 PM​

13. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    #1533 soldat7, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    Freaking itunes just nuked my ipad. I have lost progress in about a dozen games, including Mage Gauntlet.

How do I restore my purchases for Mage Gauntlet?

14. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    Again. How do I restore my iPad purchases? Anyone?

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    As is the case with any non-consumable IAP, just "buy" it again. If you have already paid for it with the iTunes account you are logged into, it will not charge you.

16. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    Sweet. Just got everything again. Thanks!

Apple really needs to tell you this *before* they make you enter your password.

17. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Guys,sorry to resurrect an old thread...but I only have a question for those who played it.

After the fun I'm having with Punch Quest I'd love to jump on the Mage Gauntlet bandwagon but I only have one doubt...I see you have limited lives for every level,after that you have to restart it all,my question is,is this game hard?

I'm not good with action/twitch games (my PQ best run sits around the 160k mark,so....),just wondering if I'd still enjoy this one without being frustrated.

Thanks in advance!

18. xxvi

xxvi Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    have no fear

insta buy this game its fantastic, its tough but well worth it picked this game up on release and still sits at the top of my list of all time favs, enjoy

19. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I do know it'd be quite tough,that's why I'm asking if an "average joe" could finish it without being frustrated :D

I have no doubts about its amazingness!

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You would be able to finish the normal campaign without any problems. Then there's the second option which is similar, with tougher enemies and that one might give you trouble.

It's been a while since I played last, even though it's still on all my iThings.