Why dosnt someone make Yu Gi Oh on IOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spader623, Apr 10, 2014.

1. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I personally would love to play it. I have my old cards, but since no one near my has them, I can't really play with anyone. If it was an app, I could play online and stuff. And I'm pretty sure a LOT of people would play it.

2. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Well you need the license to make the game. Maybe the IP holder dont want a iOS game,.

I would love if this game got ported

[​IMG]

3. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    True, but it just think they'd do great if they had it on Ios. They could also have it on consoles in a different format. And I've never heard of that. I never played Yu gi oh on the handhelds.

4. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    #4 Topherunhinged, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    License limbo seems more likely. It's possible that no one fully holds the license. It's also possible that no one wants to make the game or perhaps the license is simply too expensive for developers.

5. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    There's already a Yu-Gi-Oh game on the App Store. It's called, I believe, BAM Pocket or something similar. I remember playing it last year, and, despite it being rather repetitive, enjoying it quite a bit.

Even though it's a dumbed down experience, it shows that it's possible for Konami to release iO games based on the license. Whether or not they actually have any interest in producing a full-fledged Yu-Gi-Oh game on the platform is, obviously, anybody's guess...