Universal Talisman (by Nomad Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 30, 2014.

1. jaxon58

jaxon58 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    It's just enemies that he can evade, meaning cards drawn from the adventure deck with the type 'Enemy' written on them.

You whine away! You paid your money, you're entitled :)

2. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Recent submission to Apple has passed, so in the next few hours the cross-platform multiplayer should work for iOS.

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Developers just announced on facebook that multiple game save slots with be coming with the Sacred Pool update, which will hopefully be available in May as they report being 75% done with the expansion at this point.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Good news!

5. CanPcfstV3g

CanPcfstV3g Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    A reminder: The Sacred Pool Expansion will be released on IOS a bit later than other platforms.

Looking forward to it!

6. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Been playing this for the last couple weeks a lot against AI. I like it a lot, I had forgotten how cool it is (still got the box with the second edition).

I have everything on high speed to finish games quickly. Thus, I hate the current CoC ending, it takes ages to finish everyone because you have to wait for spell reactions. Couldn't this phase be skipped if no one has an applicable spell? And even if the AI has one, my guess is it doesn't take them seconds to figure out to play it... So I play race to the crown always (which is also fine).

Otherwise I love the game and the implementation...

7. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    One of the very early expansions, I think it's the ice March one, ads an ending where the dice roll and spell reactions for resisting the spell of command gets skipped. Check out the talisman wiki for the board game under endings to see which expansion it belongs to. If that's not what you're talking about, and it's only the spell reaction phase, I don't think there'd be a way to code that out that'd work 100%. I always think it's weird that the AI gets that option even without an applicable spell, but think about it, in a real game, people could bluff during that phase. At least that's how I justify it lol.

8. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Frostmarch - Crown and Sceptre. There's also an option to Exclude Standard Ending, though I don't know if that's with any expansion that adds endings or just Frostmarch.

9. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Frostmarch, that's the name, thanks. As for the other thing, I don't know, I always play with all expansions on, never tried it any other way. Very good point though.

10. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Yes it is Frostmarch that adds the Crown and Scepter ending, which speeds things up a lot.
    The 'exclude standard ending' house rule does just that, allows you to play with any ending except the one from the base game.
    The next update, which will be released next week, adds Sudden Death mode. This lets you choose how many rounds the game will last for, then at the end all players receive a score. It's a really good mode which lets you choose how long to play for.
    I'll post in here when the update is released with a list of changes.

11. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Cool cool cool next week can't wait! I got all the other expansions already...
    Playing Race to The Crown works for me as I prefer the first phases of the game anyway - maybe because against the AI in the endgame they are usually much less powerful.
    Thanks for the info and the game!

12. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I found a bug: got a Druid and I am in the highlands, one space in front of the eyrie. I have the hunchback and roll a 2, the app crashes immediately. If I restart it I am in the same position. Can't use fate to change the roll as the crash happens directly after rolling.

Guess I have to give up that game...

13. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Sacred Pool available

The Sacred Pool expansion is now available! The new update also includes lots of other features including multiple offline save slots, new house rules and a great new mode - Sudden Death.

The Shaman character is also available, and Nomad Games is donating all revenue received from the sales of this character to the charity SpecialEffect, which helps physically disabled children play video games by creating special controllers for them.

There is also a sale starting today on all expansion packs (except Sacred Pool).
    Carl

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Nice, I've been looking forward to this update with all the new features along with the expansion and community created character. I happily purchased both new IAP, Thank You Carl and tell the rest of the team Great Job, keep it up. :)

15. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Ditto bout to go grab it as usual, but especially kudos about the charity decision. What's the name of the organization, I didn't know anyone did something like that.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Great update! :)

Now I can keep 'our' game saved and play on my own...

17. Octopus66

Octopus66 New Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Hi Jaxon,

Thanks for getting this update out and I am sorry to read about this charity nonsense you are stuggling with. I thought it was a good idea. But anyway, the graphics are lo-res again for ipad users in places. I have re-installed and selected the download updates option, but the board graphics for non-selected spaces, dice and bottom menu items are all lo-res still. Please let me know how to get this fixed.

Thanks

18. Octopus66

Octopus66 New Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Also, is there not a way to have this permemantly stored on ipad like this? The old version was much better in this respect. It may have been a bigger download, but I didnt have to bother with this server stuff. Quite annoying. If your server ever goes down, I will be stuck with the crappy lo-res version forever...

19. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Can any one assist with inviting a Game Center friend to multiplayer? I go into a Private Room and have the option for Online/AI but cannot bring up the invite Game Center friend dialog. Thanks!

20. kid

kid Active Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I got a notification that blood moon was also available. was that a mistake?

also still got low res graphics after downloading the update.