Universal Heroes Call (by Defiant Development) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klicktock, May 30, 2012.

1. arcadeMachine

arcadeMachine New Member

Sep 25, 2012
    I totally agree with you about ignoring the timed identify at higher levels. But I always pay to identify before selling it -
    Sell unidentified Green item = 85. Cost to identify = 95 gold. Sell identified = 240 (a net gain of 145 which is better than 85).
    Sell unidentified Purple item = 95. Cost to identify = 231 gold. Sell identified = 580 (a net gain of 349 which is *much* better than 95).

2. arcadeMachine

arcadeMachine New Member

Sep 25, 2012
    I didn't grind for it myself, but I believe it has a strong dot aoe on every hit. So not exactly a "1 shot' kill but still probably the best sword for killing mobs.

3. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Okay.... tried the whole "don't grind or buy anything" style.... worked very well and nicely with the Plague Wizard mainly because I could kite easier and attack from afar and not get hit as easily. I cruised to level 8 quite easily, then died a few times on level 9ish, then cruised to the end nicely. It might be considered cheating, but I used some higher end gloves from the bank for levels 12 and 14 and that helped a lot.... I bought them in the past and not on this life though.... whatever: 3 hit killing heavy ogres and 1 shotting ogres is just too much fun too resist for 700/800/ heck, I think I got a 1300 damange shot... so fun. You can sit at the top of the stairs, and get all macho telling them to "Come at me, bro!!" or go Russel Crowe/Gladiator on them, asking them if they are entertained.... but I digress.

However, for the Blood Knight, I am having a heckuva time. I dunno if the knight is more gear dependant or because the knight can't attack from a distance, but I am just finding that I get hit far too often when attacked by 3/4/5/ mobs at a time, and rather than use the berserk charge to attack, I am using it to retreat and get out of dodge. I guess what makes it even worse, is I have the $$$ to buy the gear to make my life easier.... it's acting like a tease. I might transfer it to the bank to get those red coloured prices back so it doesn't tempt me.

BTW: it's not just the gloves that allow me to 1/3 shot them... I do have a lot of +crit chance, +crit damage gear. All together, the chance is probably about +75% and the damage is +100%... put those on some gloves that are slow throwing but hard hitting, and you'll have this fun too.... health orbs, bah! who needs them ;>

4. hu74es

hu74es Member

Aug 5, 2011
    WOuld like to ask a simple question without having to read the entire thread. Just completed the Blood Knight story on HARD, without having to buy anything with real money. Involved LOTS of grinding but was somehow enjoyable.
    So my question is this:
    Is there any reason to buy another character and replay the game with him? Any changes in the story/missions/dungeon layout?If there are none, I don't see why I should. Thanks in advance for any info.
    (Not that it matters but I'm playing the Android version).

5. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    To my knowledge (I've only bought the Plague Wizard so far), story/mission/dungeon layout are all basically the same. What is different though is the style of play. Totally different. If you enjoyed the game, get another character..should be worth it. Though I reckon don't get the Plague Wizard as I'm finding it boring compared to the Blood Knight.

Also, it won't hurt to throw a couple of bucks to the devs, who actually very kindly listened to feedback from the forum members over here.

6. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Hello, all:

I am sorry I have not been on in a while, but I live in New York, and we lost power for a week or so. Thankfully, that was all that we lost.

In response to MarkoPolo's suggestions:

1. A potion vendor. I love this idea. If the devs can implement this for the next update, that would be great.

2. Raise the potion cap to 15. I think with the modified level of lich difficulty, you should not need that many potions.

3. Raise the $$$ drops. I agree with this 100%.

4. More useful items for the current class. Absolutely. In fact, why not have it where the drops are for your class only?

5. Have a knight shield skill to deflect arrows. Very cool.

6. Have eq wear down and get damaged. Hmmmm. Do we REALLY want to give the devs new ways to make the game more difficult?

Also, for hu74es' question, the game is basically the same, but the character dictates HOW you play the game, as defred34 said. For example, with the Shadow Assassin character, you do more of a stealth approach, by detonating mines and then guiding the enemies into the mines. For the Blood Knight, it is more of a hack-and-slash approach.

HINT: If you purchased mx equipment as the Shadow Assassin character in Normal mode, transfer this equipment to your doppleganger character in Hard mode. Then, you can complete the final level (quest 30).

7. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Good to hear that you're okay

To be honest, now that potions are not so rare anymore, I dunno if a vendor is necessary. Either make the drops rare with a vendor, or keep it as it is.

thanks

To be honest, yes. It makes spitters more dangerous, and if you think about it, in RL, you always have to repair used items, sharpen edges, and make sure your gear is of top notch quality before you go out into the field to do anything.

I'm not talking astronomical costs, but 50 gold for 25% repair of all your items shouldn't be that bank breaking

Agreed.

Despite the repeating of the same quests (and you can tell that the quests were written for the Knight by the dialogue that you read) it still is fun to beat the game in a different way. Personally, I like the Wizard better; to me, it's more fun to teleport up to a group, brain worms them, plague them, get out of dodge, and watch a group of 5+ enemies beat each other to death and you just sit there. The best was the first update (when the PWizard came out) when Liches could be very easily brain wormed, so you'd brainworm Jovan/The Priestess/The Brandykin Lich, have them go ape$hit bananas on the trash mobs doing 90% of the dirty work for you, while you wail on him until he's dead. Or if a room had more than one ogre, have them wail on each other... it was just fun

8. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Combat Alchemist

I am hoping that they increase the character slot to 8 (from 6) pretty soon. As it stands right now, I cannot play the Combat Alchemist because my maximum number of character slots is filled (three for the Wizard, Warrior, and Shadow Assassin in Normal mode, and three in Hard mode). I have no wish to delete a character simply to play another character.

Has anyone tried the Combat Alchemist character yet? How is it? How would you compare it to the other three characters?

9. Xksinz

Xksinz Member

Oct 17, 2010
    I tried the alchemist. Not as fun as assassin though. Maybe it's just me but it felt like I was always running away from the enemies.

Can anyone shed some light on the ending of the assassin? I replayed it a twice. Still a lil confused.

10. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I haven't played, but this is the same reason I don't like the Plague Wizard. I keep on running away. The Blood Knight had all-in full-bloodied action. I liked that more.

11. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Running away as kiting so your timers replenish? Or running away to heal?

Personally, I am finding it a lot harder on hard with the Knight, without grinding for current level eq. I just find that if I stand there and swing away, I kill a lot but also take tons of damage as well. But with the Wizard, well.... Brain worms is a helluvadrug is all I gotta say... I just love it

12. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Shadow Assassin Ending

Xksinz writes:

"Can anyone shed some light on the ending of the assassin? I replayed it a twice. Still a lil confused."

Keep in mind that as a Shadow Assassin, you are answering the ultimate call to be a hero again. So, the final (30th) quest is different for each character. For the Shadow Assassin, you have to prove your mettle by defeating wave after wave of the elite enemy. Only when you do this will you have answered your call as the Shadow Assassin.

Hope this helps,
    Frisbee10461

13. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Well, just went back to the game after a long time. Plague Wizard. Played the level of the high priestess...and my. It was so easy!! I remember struglling against her as a Blood Knight.

Frisbee...the last call for the Blood Knight was pretty easy right? Does it get harder for the other characters?

14. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Character Difficulty

Defred34 asks:

"Frisbee...the last call for the Blood Knight was pretty easy right? Does it get harder for the other characters?"

Great question. I have not played the Combat Assassin because I am waiting for the Heroes Call developers to fix the issue where the maximum number of characters you can save is six (it should be eight). Hey, at least Pitfall is now free.

Anyway, I digress.

I would say that the Plague Wizard is the easiest to complete, followed by the Blood Knight, and then the Shadow Assassin. If you are looking for a challenge, try the Shadow Assassin in hard mode. That took me the longest to Master.

Happy Turkey Day!

frisbee10461

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Whats the difference between hard and normal mode? Is the loot better or do you get more exp or what?

16. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Urm, I'm guess thing enemies are harder to fight (have probably better attack & defense stats).

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Whats the point of that if the rewards arent better though you know?

18. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Because once you play it on hard, you can't go back to normal. It's just too easy

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Hmmmm

20. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    And then once hard starts to get more familiar/easier... You pay hard without purchasing anything.

After that... Dunno; haven't gotten there yet