iAD's results

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ivanovich, Dec 8, 2010.

1. ivanovich

ivanovich Well-Known Member

I want to share my experience with iAD's with the game TwisTouch

800 banners per day and less than 2€ of revenue

Is it normal? :confused:
    What's your experience with iAD's?

Attached Files:

2. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    That seems perfectly normal. To make more money with advertising you need more users.

3. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    do you get Ad revenue based on the number of times game is played or just when it's downloaded?

4. WickedAwesome

WickedAwesome Active Member

May 8, 2010
    Concept Wizard
    Melbourne, Australia
    Number of times played..? Am I missing something here, can you actually get paid based on the number of times someone plays your game or is that just a correlation between the actual ads displayed during game play?

5. ivanovich

With 9000 downloads per day and the same bad revenue. iAD's don't work to me.

Attached Files:

6. How did you achieve the sudden increase in download numbers?

7. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    You are mis-interpreting the results. That isn't 8000 downloads. That is 8000 times an ad tried to download to your app. Of which 85 people actually saw it and 5 people clicked on it. So you are running about 1 in 1000 times an ad downloaded, someone saw it.

One of my apps yesterday had 19,000 requests with 6000 impressions. That is a more reasonable 1 in 3 ratio.

Your request to impression ratio is incredible low probably meaning that your ad is on a screen that either users just blow by or never see.

8. ivanovich

Yes! you're right! it's not 8000 downloads, it's 8000 requests
    In fact the problem in the last 2 days was 2500 japan downloads per day and i think that Japan don't have iad's :(
    The iad's are in the main menu and i quit the iad when the game start.
    But I don't know why i have a really bad ratio request/impressions before the increase in Japan because most of downloads were from USA

The increase in sales when I got out this review
    http://www.appbank.net/2010/12/12/iphone-application/196260.php