Nonlinear upgrade games worth many gameplay hours

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BennyTremble, Apr 20, 2013.

1. BennyTremble

BennyTremble New Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Ill start off by sayin I love junk jack (and minecraft on comp) and games like that. Not clones though. Im not a big fan of any first person games on handhelds. Basically I'll just list some of my favorite games and a general discription of desired gameplay mechanics.

Junk jack
    Plunderland(just got it last night already beat it :\)
    Dungeon raid
    Kingdom rush
    Rediculous fishing
    Organ trail

I basically want a game revolving around upgrading and improving characters or something I am able to control in actual action gameplay. I loved nazi zombs on console but not phone. I want a long term game that is not easy to master and I can always pick up when I'm bored and continue improve my charachter (like junk jack the improvements never stop) but there arnt many games out there that I can just find through google. If you can Plz include a general description or which game its similar to. Thanks :) every reply is greatly appreciated!

2. I know this is a first person shooter, but you should really try N.Y.Zombies 2. It has tons of weapons to upgrade, skills you can build your character on, and a free-form story. This game is NOT easy, and the side missions help you get properly equipped. It has it's flaws, but it's a really solid game. This is the iOS game I've put the mist hours into, with the exception of Jetpack Joyride.

Also try Block Fortress. Imagine Minecraft with weapons and tower defenses. It's hard to get into, but it's a good game, so I've heard. It's also a first person shooter, but whatever, you said you like Minecraft and that's a first person shooter

3. BennyTremble

BennyTremble New Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Awesome, I'll check out nyzombies right now. I'll look up some gameplay of blockfortress too, I've seen it in the AppStore and idk, something about the screenshots just put a bad taste in my mouth but I'll give it another look

4. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Vendetta Online. Ipad only tho

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Order & Chaos if you like MMORPGs