Making An iOS Seem Like "New Device" (For Games)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MrCarder, Apr 22, 2013.

1. MrCarder

MrCarder Member

May 15, 2012
    I was trying to add myself as a friend on the game D.O.T. and it is not allowing me to enter my invite ID. I was wondering if there is a way to make games think I am on a different device. Maybe some kind of IP trick? I've tried logging on as a different user on the game and on GameCenter.

I'm not jailbroken on the iPad at the moment (updated to 6.1.3 without thinking), but if that's the only way I'd still be interested.

2. You're trying to find a way to add yourself as a friend on a game, to get yourself a bonus item or whatever in the game. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? How sad...

3. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Each iDevice is hard coded with something called a UDID, an identification serial number of sorts. You've probably been asked for it if you've ever beta tested an iOS app. I can't imagine a way to change this, and certainly not on a non-jail broken device.

4. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    If jailbroken yes, there is a UDID faker application you can get but honestly it's not worth the hassle just for that.

5. MrCarder

MrCarder Member

May 15, 2012
    Tried this on the my jailbroken iPhone and it didn't seem to work for this app. What else do apps use to identify a unique device?