Other TD games like War Tortoise?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, May 13, 2016.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So I have long loved TD games, but I got tired as tower placement became as critical as what to upgrade.

War Tortoise has continued to hold my interest as I can just pay attention to what to upgrade. I guess it appeals to just being lazy or more casual perhaps.

For whatever the reason, are people aware of other TD games with similar mechanics? Some folks have referred to WT as a clicker, but I played Clicker Pirates, which I assume from the title, really is a clicker, and there is essentially no strategy in what to upgrade, except what ever the most expensive thing you can buy. And, I have no interest in getting carpal tunnel from tapping on my screen millions of times. :cool:

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Funny, I was thinking almost similar thoughts - was wondering if there were any other TD games (even of the standard variety) which offered as many units or more importantly as many upgrades per unit as War Tortoise does. I'm finding that one of the biggest attractions to WT is how it feels like almost endless upgrades since I haven't maxed full power on any yet, lol.

3. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Mwhahahahahahahaaaaa! War Tortoise iz the only one of it'z kind and if you do find something simular Foursaken made that too.
    Mwwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    WT is more of a Castle Defense type game and there are many on iTunes but none with the same presentation or scope of WT. Shellrazer is similar to WT but also with several differences, a big one being it's 2D.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  6. francesprince

francesprince Member

May 19, 2016
    I would agree with ojtitus Shellrazer is similar to WT but also with several differences, a big one being it's 2D.

7. MyCsPiTTa

MyCsPiTTa Member

Jun 22, 2009
    They aren't exactly TD games, but if you like WT, Foursaken's "NY Zombies" 1+2 have very much the same feel. NYZ 1 you cannot move, just fixed position and tap to shoot. In NYZ2 you can move, which you may or may not like depending on how much you liked NYZ1, but I really enjoyed both. Foursaken's trademark is their extremely atmospheric environments,lighting, weather and spooky music, not to mention amazing graphics and addictive gameplay and upgrade systems. Really underrated developer in my opinion.

8. MYSTERYTREX

MYSTERYTREX New Member

Mar 10, 2017
    I know a good one

Bloods tower defense 5 is good (BTD5)

9. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Both Heroes and Castles and Heroes and Castles 2 might be right up your alley. Of course, they are also both Foursaken Media games, so that goes without saying. Block Fortress is another fun one... again, by Foursaken Media.

They are basically War Tortoise if you could control your hero, and focused more on first-person combat than strategic spending.

The Anomaly series is worth looking into if you are into genre-defying tower defense. Either that or the first Plants Vs. Zombies (if you have never played it - it was made awhile ago).

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm sure there are more out there that are a bit more creative than the ones I mentioned but I'm not too into TD games.