GTA Chinatown Wars or Assassin's Creed 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vinny554, Feb 3, 2010.

?

Should we get:

1. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

64 vote(s)
    90.1%
  2. Assassin's Creed II

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Both look amazing but they're $9.99 so I'm noy getting both. Assassin's Creed looks crazy but it's only a sidescroller so...idk....

2. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Assassins creed 2 is very shallow compared to GTA

3. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yeah, GTA is awesome

4. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Clearly a no-brainer.

5. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    ouch, a double thread....

GTA: CW as I said in the other thread.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    They provide very different experiences, but they're both quality games. I really like the fact that both titles are designed for portable platforms from the ground up, unlike many AAA titles. GTA:CW is funny, engaging, deep. Liberty city is just an amazing setting, wonderfully realized. AC2 is simply exhilarating -- there are so many ways to go through a level, it's just dizzying. (As an example, in one chase level, I ran into a group of four swordsmen while low on health. I could have tried to fight them or jump over them and run. Instead, I backed up to ledge, hung down, and waited for them to come after me. As they approached the ledge, I knocked them down one by one. It was just one cool moment in a game that's filled with them.)

I guess I'm no help whatsoever. :D Sorry!

7. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

GTA without a doubt

8. chedita

chedita Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Professional ipod gamer
    where you live
    gta:ctw has more than 20 hours of gameplay, and assassins creed uhhh not so much.

9. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    well they're both ports from the DS original, they're both much cheaper than the DS original, but they're really different games.

AC sidescroller with great animations or GTA top down view? personally i think GTA would be better, but i've never played it before. AC2 for the ds is much better than the gameloft version.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Actually, GTA has much more than 20 hours of gameplay. In any event, the question is not which one is bigger, but which one is better. The only truthful answer is: it depends what you're looking for.

11. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    If you like side scrolling platform games, I hear Assassin's Creed 2 is currently the best option in the app store. But if you like games with a little more depth, and things to do, it doesn't get much deeper than Grand Theft Auto.

12. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Well i know gta you can do whatever you want and run around and do shit but can you have the freedom to go in shops and explore places and stuff like all platform gtas? I'm thinkin bout it

13. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    U cannot go into buildings but there is TONS to explore. It's almost overwhelming when u first pick it up how muchthere is to do. One of those games thAt will never get dull. Assassins creed 2 on the other hand......let's b honest guys it's pretty much a jazzed up hack and slash. The true test is how quickly u can mash the attack button

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    There's actually little "hack and slash" and no quick-mashing whatsoever. Honest. Most of the time you try to avoid direct combat (hence the name Assassin's Creed). There is a lot of platforming, though, a quite a bit of sneaking around.

15. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Dude. Just get Chinatown Wars. No matter what!!! Get that game! I don't even know why you questioned that. I saw it was out at 10:00 at night and went out then to get an iTunes card, just to buy it. It's that good..

16. Roofy.

Roofy. Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    more than that. Im at 92% completion with over 30 hours of gameplay.

17. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    GTA hands-down, unchallenged.

18. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    GTA: CW is the clear winner for gangster-wannabe generation.

ACII is the clear winner for plumber-wannabe generation.

19. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Honestly you will be making a huge mistake by choosing one over the other.That's all i can say.

20. Orlandosan

Orlandosan Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    College Student
    Somewhere in the US
    GTA is the way to go!

Assassin's creed 2 a big let down wish it were 3rd person. GTA CTW man its the only game that has the most potential and passion than any other game. If games like GTA were released, I spend any amount to good quality games :D