What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by willzeng, Feb 7, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

I checked in iTunes but failed to find it. Has it fall out the top 120 already? (I cannot find the path Games > Kids > What's Hot > See All, but iTunes Store > App Store > Kids > What's Hot instead.) I didn't see any change it brings to sales. Besides, I don't know how they sort the What's Hot list. An app has 20- downloads daily can rank in top 120? Isn't it self-cheating?

Attached Files:

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    thoose are sub sub categories.. they mean nothing volume and visibility wise..

one must be searching for something very specific to stumble so deep into the store..

3. So, how are What's Hot calculated? Whatever sub sub a rank list is, it should not include an app with few sales.

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Sub categories like all->games->category x

There are top all lists, top game list, and top game category lists..

Thoose sub sub list are easily populated with a few downloads a day.

Thoose features are populated based on download numbers and are automated.

You can find thoose lists usualy only in the itunes desktop app, are very hard to find and do not help gaining any visibility.

Of course it includes only low traffic ones since thats 99% of the list..

Of course its completly pointless and apple could easily remove thoose lists and no one would see a difference! But thats one of the ill steps apple took some time ago to offer better visibility for devs. Like tons of subcategories in main page n&n & whats hot section.. *shrug*

5. I checked the history and found out. This thing really means nothing. Thanks for the answer.