Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Hm...Sounds like the developer doesn't support his/her games. Maybe I'll pass on Battleheart.

2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Add gamecenter support please!!!!!

3. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I just realized that you could upgrade your equipment. Now I'm uber (or not so uber) strong.

4. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    That too? GC is kinda a must for modern iOS games.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'd still say get the game, but yeah support has been pretty low/nonexistent. It's hard to believe a game like Zombieville still lacks GC.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Looks great, downloaded - I'll have to give it a go later.

7. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Crash on the Hog boss :( I'll try the phone reset and see if it helps.

I thought this might be like WoW on iPhone (singleplayer) and it absolutely is. You absolutely nailed the agro, tanking, healing, DPS, etc.. mechanics. I play a lot of WoW, and this is a great approximation. Tanking the boss, trying to burst him down, off tanking the adds, running away from bombs/charges -- totally gives me that awesome WoW raid boss type feel.

Can't wait to explore the depth this game has to offer!

8. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

I could be wrong, but Zombieville had a ton of support form what I remember. I don't remember the specifics, but I remember new monsters/weapons and other things being added. I expect nothing but good things for Battleheart.

9. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    #109 Drexra, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    So people harp on retina, if thats there, then is it universal? And if a game (like this) has both, heaven forbid there not be gamecenter! Or else the skies shall rain fire and the dead shall rise! There really is no pleasing the IOS community, is there?

Seriously, one little feature shouldn't make or break a game. Especially since I'm pretty sure MikaMobile has said it will be coming in a future update.

10. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    I just killed the boar boss with no crashes at all? And I have a 2nd gen iPod Touch :pP

I just had to replay it due to many deaths.

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    That is all video gamers... but i device people are so entitled that it isn't funny. I can't wait til a dev comes out and isn't politically correct or tries to please the masses. "You want retina on a pixlated game? Well tough... go suck turd and if you complain, I don't want you as a customer!"

Soon... soon!

After playing this for some time, I must say that Mika did an amazing job and this is easily one of the few apps that will never leave my front page!
    GRATZ!

12. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Love how its universal!
    Some things which seem prevalent within comments:
    - GAMECENTER IS NEEDED!
    - Changing character names!

13. Since87

Since87 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    there was already a game like this. it was pretty deep, but it wasnt a good game.
    MikaMobile simplified it and made it work for the better.

Thank you to the team of 2 (plus the cat) for ANOTHER 5 star production that most teams of many more couldn't match in quality..

14. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    2 levels and the Arena left to clear on the second map...Hard to put down...I do wish it was easier to select the heroes when they are overlapping.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Ah, the glory days when it was in the top 10..

16. bzgz

bzgz New Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Other than the fact that the game crashed on me during the boar boss level. I have to say this is one of the best games on the iPad other than World of Goo and Corpsecraft. For 3 dollars this game is a steal

17. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Gamecenter is on our to do list, but I'll be honest - as a gamer myself, I don't give a hoot if it's there or not in the games I play. 2 weeks spent on achievements is two weeks not making bosses, enemies, classes and special moves after all, so it's simply lower on the priority list than other things we can spend our limited time on.

Regarding our support of past titles - we addressed the only discovered crash bug in OMG Pirates! within days of first release, and Zombieville has been updated with new content a half dozen times, so I think our track record is pretty solid. No, we haven't touched either one since around may of last year because... you guessed it, we've been making Battleheart. If we just kept updating our back catalog with everything we'd like to do, two things would happen - we'd never make anything new, and we'd be sick of our jobs.

18. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm only on the first map! I had to grind for the boar boss :p

19. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Here are a few small suggestions that I have:
    - One more vote for GC support.
    - I wish you could select a different party member during the animation of a spell, rather than having to wait until it's over.
    - As someone else mentioned, it's very difficult to micromanage your guys when they are all overlapping. I'm not sure what the best fix to this would be, though.
    - It's a bit annoying to have to re-tell 3 different guys to attack everytime an enemy dies. But, I don't necessarily think that they should always be auto-attacking, as it'd be kind of boring that way. Maybe something like double-tab to tell all characters to attack a target would simplify things.

As for the crashes, I've had a couple but they weren't specific to any level. I seem to get them if i try to blow all my cooldowns one after another really quickly.

20. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

Yeah -- character portraits would help.

I love how there's not only 8 classes with different abilities, but within those classes, also some pretty cool character models! I've already seen unique versions of the wizard, knight and barbarian -- not just a color shift or different hair, but some pretty cool characters. Really nice touch.