Anybody use Adobe Ideas on iPad 3rd/4th gen?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MidianGTX, Feb 11, 2013.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I just need to know if it supports retina or not. The app description/update notes don't mention it, one of the reviews says drawings look great on retina, an earlier one moans about lack of retina. Contrasting comments cause confusion!

2. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Found my answer on a blog. Retina is fully supported :)

3. Jimjamie

Jimjamie Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Businessman and a consultancy agency owner.. . . .
    USA
    #3 Jimjamie, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  4. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #5 MidianGTX, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    I'm loving it. It's not a complete program like Illustrator is, you can't mess about with paths, create/transform shapes, etc. it's purely a freehand sketching app hence "Ideas".

The thing I'm finding with vector editors is that being able to zoom in without losing quality means that not having a stylus isn't a hinderance any more. If I need to work on a small detail I'll just get in close until it fills the screen.

I threw together a drawing yesterday, done entirely by finger and just using the Ideas app:

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz247/KitchenKnives/zombieinfantry_zps08c29b9c.png

So yeah, very happy paying the "premium" price. My main complaint at the moment is the lack of export options. You can save to camera roll as JPG or email as a PDF. The only way you can export as SVG is by using Adobe Creative Cloud which has a monthly fee. I'd really like a transparent PNG option too.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Damn I could never draw like that.

6. That's pretty good, you don't have a stylus?

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Nope. Never owned one other than with my Nintendo DS. I'm tempted to pick one up for use with raster editors, but after finding this I'm in no real rush.