Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Finally got the game and love it! My only problem is the growing list of games to play! Great game only wish iCloud support was included in the game as i would love to be able to play it on both my iPhone & iPad!

2. JingoJoey

JingoJoey New Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Still can't get master or endless w/4 traps. I select ONLY 4 traps and place ONLY 1 of each and I still don't get the achievement. Is it a bug or am I still doing something wrong?

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I'm ashamed to say this but I completed the game but never got around to completing the extra content that was added.

I still have my save game on my iPhone but installing the game on my iPad makes me start from nothing with no saved game. I'm new to having two devices and can anyone tell me if there are easy ways to transfer these saves? Preferably without the use of a pc as I generally never sync my devices with itunes.

4. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Sorry that this thread fell off my radar. It's probably no longer relevant to respond to some of the old posts here, but just in case it helps:

Regarding iCloud: Unfortunately iCloud integration never had a chance to be squeezed in during development. It's something we are always hoping to add when/if time allows, but in the meantime I'm afraid the only way to transfer saves between devices is via iTunes backup.

Regarding To-Dooms not clearing: we've seen a few reports of some To-Dooms (challenges) not clearing upon meeting their conditions (though it doesn't seem to be 100% of the time or for all users). Until there is a future fix: our not-ideal-but-hey-it's-something advice is to use the "skip" To-Doom feature. Unfortunately it does cost a little bit of the Evilness currency to Skip, but doing so *does* make the game legitimately "beat/complete" the To-Doom, and then you can move on to the subsequent challenges in that slot.

Hope that helps! Thanks as always to everyone who has enjoyed Doombad!

5. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Oh, and one other thing..

If Doombad were to receive another content update, are there any new features or new content ideas you guys would love to see? What sort of thing do you want more of, and what do you want less of? What would get you excited to play the game again?

Thanks! :)

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I really want to play again but on my iPad and until I transfer my save somehow I won't as I had everything unlocked and piles of cash but never got to do the additional content.

For me personally with an update I'd of course love more content with traps and campaign ect but most of all I'd like a real endless mode.

The one in the game is ok but it's no good, you need something proper where you can save and quit and resume later. Where waves get increasingly stronger and perhapse the tower grows as waves progress?

It's been that long since I played....but I do remember you saying that the endless mode in the game was just something extra thrown in and not fleshed out.

7. swiftage

swiftage New Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Hi all. Not to hijack the thread, but I wondered if some of the achievements are glitched. I've both recaptured the princess during a rescue & got through the first night of endless mode without her being seized, but no trophies. Anyone else had this problem? Playing on android btw.

8. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Can't wait for the new content update on the way!! Any more info on what will be included? I just recently got an iPad Air 2 and redownloaded the game in preparation of the new update. Can't get enough!

9. CookingPie

CookingPie Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    this is one of the few games i didn't pick up when it was on sale and regretted it. i got the free to slay version but don't play it because i hate adverts. hoping they will do another sale of the paid version after they release the update!

10. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Why not get it now?
    I just bought this yesterday and it’s good
    Wonder why I never heard of this until someone bump this thread

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just buy it, you won't regret it. Awsome game, I complete very few of the many I pick up but I couldn't put this one down.

12. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Dude. It's 3 bucks. Do you really need a sale as a reason to buy this awesome premium game? Personally, I hope they never do another sale on this game. The cheap crowd already got their freemium version. Enough is enough.

13. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    ^ I totally agree. Game was amazing totally worth 3$. It's a shameful steal to get this beaut for 3$. Hell it's worth 2-3 times that.

I can't believe some people. He loved the game yet he's been waiting a year for a 1$ off sale.

I call that practice HURRRDURRR-ism

14. CookingPie

Mar 25, 2014
    That's just the way I am. Like today for example- I waited for Pumped BMX 2 to go on sale and got it for a dollar when it did. I've hardly played it and today it goes free. But because I only spent $1 on it I don't feel as peeved as I would have had I bought it for $4.

I know my money goes to supporting the devs when I purchase a game, but I've bought plenty of games which I hardly have time to play, and feel most of my hard earned cash should really be spent on my wife and children's needs rather than my low-priority hobby of video games.

So it's my perogative to wait for a sale- and like I said: I would love this game to go on a $1 sale again as the Dev did prior to the release of the free version- and please note: I am not asking for the Dev to drop the price to Free, just to the same lower price that this game once was ( and hence a price the Dev did not mind using to generate more sales).

I would not buy it for more than $1, as I can always play the free version which I previously mentioned I don't because I don't like ads.
    I'm patient, I can wait for a sale. I'm not starved of great games to play on ios.

Hope you understand my reasoning now! And I'm probably not the only one who thinks like this!
    The rest of you gamers ( who live in your parents basement ) should definitely buy this at full price and how dare you wait for a sale!!! Ha ha!

15. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    2.99 will hardly make a dent in my family budget Though I’m a low-mid class econ indeveloping country

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    God forbid you find out I've already spent around $120 on the Mastered for iTunes Iron Maiden re-releases...and have 7 albums left to go.

Oh wait.

Yeah, let's wait for sales people.

17. CookingPie

Mar 25, 2014
    People sometimes say: the game costs less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks. And that may be true but I have never and would never buy a cup of coffee for that price either.
    I take a flask with me with coffee or tea in it that I made at home.

So as I said: I hope the Dev will make a sale sometime after the new update is released!!!

18. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Glad to see some folks excited about the update! It'll hit the store tomorrow (for both the paid and free versions) and has some pretty great stuff in it.

Like, a daily challenge mode (screen attached) where you're pre-assigned traps and conditions to complete. Some of the challenges are pretty dang dastardly. It'll have its own leaderboard so you'll be able to compete with others on # of challenges completed. :)

Attached Files:

19. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

No offense, but I hope not. Our payments to the devs reward them for their hard work and dedication for producing a quality product. They deserve what little they charge for an app. I understand your predictament, but they need to put food on their plates as well. I wish it was a paid expansion to be honest because their product is definitely worth more an the asking price, plus you can make amends if you really wanted this game.

I bought on day one and never regretted my purchase at all.

20. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    There is no sale currently planned for the premium version (though that could change - it hasn't been discussed as of this time).

And here's another new screen, one of the new levels in the new "Space Madness" chapter.

Attached Files: