GameCenter "Challenge Spam" :/

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Quazonk, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Is this the death of GameCenter? I thought GC was just kind if getting off the ground and starting to resemble a real multiplayer community (minus some very fundamental shortcomings like messaging, etc), and ever since the jerks who developed Extreme Road Trip 2 decided to add the "challenge everybody" button, it seems like the new "thing" to do. I used to love getting challenges in Super Hexagon etc, but that's because it was limited to who received the challenge, and was purely for games I ACTUALLY OWN. Now, I get challenges to beat people's shitty scores in games like Can Knockdown and Happy Street 375 times per hour. Is this the beginning of the end of Game Center?

2. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I hope it's not the beginning of the end of Game Center but they definitely need to sort it out. The excessive challenges for games I don't even have on my device or own is ridiculous and bugs the hell out of me.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Glad to see I'm not the only 1

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Already a thread on this .

5. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I have had this problem is well. They really need to limit challenges only to games you have installed on a device.

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have taken to unfriending folks I am getting these random challenges from in games I do not own.

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It's crazy I can't stand it I miss open feint