Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Don't buy Uncharted GA, it will be included in the next Plus update which is a much better deal.

As much as I love my Vita, unless you'll be using the new device strictly for gaming (and even then it's debatable) I'd definitely get an iPad over it. An iPad 4, I'd never buy a Mini because I think it's (even for Apple standards) overpriced and (never thought I would say that) worse than its competitors.

2. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I for one can't wait for P4G. I love the Persona series! I actually like it better than Final Fantasy. Plus P4G has motorcycles now! Maybe they aren't sportbikes, but hey, better than no bikes at all.

3. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I looked at the reviews,saw some videos,and my temporary hype is over.When NGP was introduced I predicted that it won't have the success of the PS3.
    Uncharted GA,doesn't have any jaw-dropping moment,just like Uncharted 3 didn't had any.The small ammount of games,and the "huge" (this is a relative thing) price,and overprived accessories are among the factors that make me say "pass".

I thought of the iPad 4 before and I think I'll give my iPad 2 to my dad and get the 4th gen.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #3624 JBRUU, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    You'll be really pleased with the iPad 4 I think. Nothing beats the appstore's selection or pricing. Head over to the impressions thread in the iPad and iPad mini games forum if you want to read up more on it before you make a decision.

5. Kat from Gravity Rush will be in PASBR as free DLC! :D

Not sure how her rivalry with Emmet from Starhawk is going to work though.

6. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    Oh hell yes! I think I'm getting PASBR over P4G now!

7. I recommend getting both eventually.

8. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    Oh I plan on getting P4G eventually.

9. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Well that's it for me, I'm selling my Vita. I think partly because I'm too old and too busy with other things to find the time to play it, and partly because it hasn't engaged me like I hoped it would. (I also want the money to help fund a nice dslr :) )

sf x tekken is excellent, and I enjoyed it lots... but for me it has been on the laggy side online and my only mate with a Vita hasn't picked it up. Nothing beats playing with your mates... the regular sessions of GoW and Halo with 4/5 of us are an absolute blast and only serve to push my Vita even more in the cold.

I'm glad lots of you are enjoying using yours though. For me, the Vita is still a fantastic piece of kit with excellent physical controls.

Anyway, few questions.....

1. If I sign out of PSN will the buyer be able to make full use of games I paid for and downloaded onto the 16gb card? (sf x tekken is my only 'physical' game)

2. Does anyone want to buy a Vita? :D

..... I'll post ebay link tomorrow for anyone interested.

10. No, digital downloads are tied to your account.

11. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    hmm well I signed out and everything's still there (games accessible etc). Is it when I actually remove my account from the system that they'll lose access?

12. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Ok nm I read up...

Essentially, whichever PSN account is using the memory card is now the only one that can gain access to its contents. Otherwise, you have to format the card to use it with another account.

That's quite a s**t move by Sony.

13. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    You could sell your account if you don't have any other content (like PS3) that you want to keep.

14. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on wiping the system. We had bought my son a Vita back in June and he has shown a lack of interest in it. Seems the constant stream of cheap/free games for his iPad have let his Vita to remain off for quite a while. I brought this up to him and asked if he wanted to see it and he agreed.

I'm still holding onto mine, if/when it is discontinued, it will be a nice pieced of hardware to keep along with my other handhelds. Plus I have the majority of the games that have been released and those are worth keeping.

15. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    That's a nice idea, though what with Sonys recent security breaches I'd rather stay safe and just delete my account.

16. So Black Ops Declassified on Amazon...

17. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Wow, didn't see that coming.

18. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Does that actually mean anything? I've seen on it other games in the past and they never stopped selling the games.

19. ^ And that score of 4/10 actually brings up its Metacritic rating. :p

20. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    It could've just been leftover stock they were selling