Any recommendations for newere hidden object games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by farley2k, Jun 23, 2014.

1. farley2k

farley2k Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I haven't played a good one in awhile and wondered what good ones have been released in the last few months.

I would also prefer ones that don't have a horror theme. It seems like BigFish puts out ones every few days but they are always about ghosts, murder, etc.

I think the last one(s) I played that I thought was great was Golden Trails 1 & 2 from G5 games.

So what would you folks recommend?

2. Apricosomoso

Apricosomoso Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Wayward souls, battlehearth legacy and bug heroes 2 are the biggest and best if you ask me. They have depth and much content

3. farley2k

Apr 8, 2010
    I think those are all great games but none of them are exactly "Hidden Object" games. :)

Probably didn't notice since it was in the title but not the actual post.

4. Apricosomoso

Apricosomoso Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Lol, didnt read your title properly. Just read the headline or whatever its called

5. Silvers

Silvers Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #5 Silvers, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    I'll list some good recent Big Fish releases because their site helpfully lists the games newest first. Alawar etc. also have excellent HOGs.

I enjoyed the following, and suggest you download the free trial of any you find interesting to form your own opinion. The Big Fish site also has helpful user reviews of the PC editions. The let you sort by most negative reviews first, too, which is nice.

Myths of the World: Chinese Healer (on sale) (finished the PC version and loved it, as did my Chinese-descent spouse)

Flights of Fancy: Two Doves (double-dipped PC and iPad. Beautiful fairy tale game)

Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga (finished PC version. Love it or hate it deal, and I loved it. Intentional schlocky horror cheese feast.)

Any of the above, with the possible exception of Dark Saga if you have a low tolerance for cheesy horror (I found it hilarious rather than scary, which is why I listed it) is definitely worth your time.

Edit: I just noticed that one of my all-time favorite fairy tale romance novel-ish hidden object games has been ported to iOS. Look up Forest Legends: the Call of Love. Bright colors and a cat boy love interest. :)

6. Silvers

Silvers Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    The following are also promising light-hearted hidden object games, but while I own them all, I can't vouch for them due to not having finished them yet or their fun/price ratio:

Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose (not finished)

Reveries: Sisterly Love (not finished)

Revived Legends: Road of the Kings (I finished this one, and it was enjoyable, but not a must-play at full price)

Azada: Elementa (ditto)

7. zaphielazel

zaphielazel New Member

Jun 19, 2014
  8. farley2k

Apr 8, 2010
    Thank you all for the recommendations! I will be checking out several of them.

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    As the others have echoed...Bigfish, Bigfish, Bigfish, and oh yeah-Bigfish...Those have been pretty much the only successful hidden object games that have been ported to PC.

When I was a PC man, I waited and waited for time management games, but we got screwed.