Universal Arcane Soul (by mSeed Co,.Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoen, Aug 13, 2014.

1. kfcrispy

kfcrispy New Member

Oct 29, 2014
    #61 kfcrispy, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    hey guys, i have been playing this game for quite a while. i have a love-hate relationship with it because there are points in the game where you get stuck and you need to grind to level up a couple times or find better equipment. however, i persevered and have beaten Hard Mode with Ellisa and Luke. Lith is struggling in Normal mode and i have to keep grinding to improve her level/stats--the random drop system definitely makes the game easier, but Lith unfortunately cannot use equipment.

i used to only like using Ellisa. i chose her first, and when i unlocked Luke, i hated him to death, mainly because of awkward controls--he will too easily dash-cancel instead of just walk forward, but i've gotten used to it now. i now have Luke with 61 STR and Ellisa with 61+79 STR (79 is from equipment), and Luke has a way easier time dispatching the final area and obliterates the final boss in Hard Mode, and he doesn't even need to use Burst Mode... hard to go back to the low-damage Ellisa now.

Ellisa has a lot of skills that control the crowd but only 1 Action skill that does serious damage--Elemental Slash, but it costs too much to spam and also has a slow recharge time. with Luke, i found Icycle Edge is awesome as hell--it is like a combination of Ellisa's Sword Gust (but without armor) followed by Frost Orb. it can deal a ton of damage if both parts of the skill hit the enemy, and the recharge time is fast.

oh one thing i want to say about Ellisa - DO NOT get her Axe Heel... it is TERRIBLE. i often do it by accident when i want a normal jump attack, and she'll end up bouncing off an enemy (letting the enemies land first and start their attack animation) and her slow land allows enemies to destroy her. if you react to the accidental execution fast enough, you can double-jump if the double-jump is still available, but she can't attack until she lands! Axe Heel can be cool at times, but in those important situations when i want to escape with jumps and attacks (to disrupt/damage enemies while i get away), i've made too many input mistakes that cost me a Game Over.

one question i have is does anyone know what the Curse status do? i had a weapon with Curse on Luke and thought it was the reason i was killing faster.. i thought it lowers enemy defense, but based on the damage numbers i try to observe, it doesn't seem to be the case.

2. kfcrispy

kfcrispy New Member

Oct 29, 2014
    update: tried a wpn with higher base atk for Ellisa (giving up the crit rate bonus)... 1-shotted the final boss with Elemental Sword. yay...

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Glad you're enjoying the game! I noticed you only posted on this forum just to talk about this game :) It's a hidden gem really and I'm surprised it's still free.

4. kfcrispy

kfcrispy New Member

Oct 29, 2014
    yeah i don't try too many games nowadays (trying to play less) but i kept coming back to this one and am enjoying more now... was hoping there was more information about it on the web.

5. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
  6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... Thanks for the tip Pete (as always LOL)! The reason i deleted this a while back was that i was trying to get rid of all freemium games off the devices. But with a premium version, there is reason for me to keep it now. I just hope the MFi support is fixed for the latest patches.

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This is great!

Though honestly the freemium version is very generous. I never ever once felt a paywall. I felt like I had actually been playing a paid game. Also there was never an online requirement. I may buy it just to support that but sadly resetting progress is a bummer.

8. Argent

Argent New Member

May 27, 2015
    Arcane Soul

Recently started playing this game and it is quite addictive,though the story left with a cliffhanger. It was interesting then after act 4 it's finished. Anyway,I noticed that the design of the game reminded me of Castle Vania,and Ellisa's movement and attack pattern resembled that of Alucard. Could be a coincidence,but not really sure heh. Haven't played Luke's side yet,not really interested,but I might play his side. Lith on the other hand,she is fast,but lacks weapon use,armor use,and a pet. The major disadvantage with her is that she cannot gain additional status,other than from her 10 second wisp(wish can be extended a bit more). Lith may seem as a good class for using gold to upgrade her,but without those additional status from equipment. All she has going for her is speed. She gets no mp boost,no crit/speed boost/no status bonuses like the rest,she has only three skills,she lacks double jump which really exposes her when trying to get away from the enemy. Sure you can dash,but once I was surrounded so much that I only won because of burst,I kept being hit back into a corner. To top things off,her weapon/armor/wisp boost is on a level timer. In meaning that after she is boosted to a certain point,you have to wait until you reach a certain level. Not really sure how to raise her. Currently I am thinking an even distribution of points should in some way give her an average base in her status and make up somewhat for her deficiency. Wish the developers made it that after a certain amount of weapon/armor/wisp boost that she gets some kind of additional bonuses,that would even her out with the rest of the classes. Lith is a good character overall I suppose,but she could have been better as in they could have balanced her out and give her more skills. Now as for Ellisa,she is completely flexible,my favorite character heh. Using her just right will allow you to make circles around the enemies,and her last skill is simply over powered heh. One massive slash that repeatedly hits targets in the way,she is perfect for defense/survival mode. Once she is in her burst state,she is nearly impossible to beat. Guess now all I have to do is play Luke and see what his strong points are,but so far his weak point is speed,he is a slow character compared to the rest,which makes you have to determine the distance from him to his enemies to avoid taking any fatal hits. Apologies for the rant,if anyone knows a good way to raise Lith,that would be most appreciated. I just cannot wrap my head around a good build for her.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Been a while since i've seen a real wall of text. LOL.

Oh and... TLDR :D