Finger Physics and Doodle Jump Promotion

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by RyanM, Feb 19, 2010.

1. RyanM

RyanM Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Hi Everyone -

We've teamed up with Lima Sky to bring the Doodler to Finger Physics and are looking for players feedback on how he (the Doodler) should be incorporated in to the game.

You can view the promotion overview/rules and how to submit your suggestion by going here. You can also reply to this thread w/ your suggestion!

Oh yea, one lucky person who provides us with a suggestion will win a 16GB iPad - it will be shipped once it releases, of course. :)

Lastly, the most recent update to Finger Physics Free and Full has gone live on the App Store (in record time!) with 2 more stages for the Full version and one more stage for the Free version.

If you haven't already, you can pick them up @ itunes.com/app/fingerphysics or itunes.com/app/fingerphysicsfree

If you don't have Doodle Jump, I'm not sure how that would be possible, but just in case you can get it at itunes.com/app/doodlejump

Sorry to say, but the winner of the iPad has to be over 18 and live in North America - we'd still love your suggestion though.

2. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Blocks fall down the screen, and you can use your finger to maneuver them around to make platforms for the doodler.

3. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #3 RttaM, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    NoNoNoNo

4. -Toxikk-

-Toxikk- Member

Feb 19, 2010
    In my opinion the best way to incorporate the doodler from "Doodle Jump" is to replace him with the "egg." But instead of having it just sit there, he jumps up and down, thus turning the game just a tad bit harder in a way.

5. jen12323

jen12323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    #5 jen12323, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    Make all the platforms into finger physics geometric figures. When the doodler jumps on a platform, the piece will fall following physics rules. The trick is to jump on the right platforms and let the pieces fall on each other without toppling for as long as possible. There will be a scoreboard and people and try to beat their own score or the global high scores. The accelerometer will control the doodler as well as tilt the geometric figures, but if you jump on a special item, it will freeze the figures temporarily and the acccerometer will only control the doodler

6. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I like yours. Good luck, Jen! :)

7. joeyguastaferro

joeyguastaferro New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Finger Physics Doodler Promotion

What you can do instead of completely changing the face of both games, is to take the best of Finger physics and Doodle jump and incorporate both of the best components and make a hybrid version.

What's the best part about Doodle jump? For me, its the fast pace accelerating jumping of the doodle onto many platforms.

For Finger Physics, its the tactical design of trying to make different objects under certain scenarios work together. Like making the egg go in to the hole, piling on blocks to create a free-standing structure.

Using the concept of creating structures that work harmonious together and the fast jumping doodle, one can make a game worth playing.

My suggestion? Take the Doodler, make him a facet of the game, but not the face of the game. The idea is to start with a scenario where you have to make or design a structure. in essence, design levels where you have to create platforms using aspects of the finger physics and in order to complete the level, the structure(s) have to withstand the doodle's jumps. Or maybe the doodle has to be able to just be able to navigate with the intact structure you've created.

Also you can add accelerators/decelerators and other proponents from the doodle game to either enhance or diminish the doodle's jumping abilities. Taking the (gold,silver,bronze) star concept from finger physics, you can offer 2 different rewards per level. One, how well the structure was designed, the creativity it has. And the other, how well the doodle was able to go up or down the structure/how fast he was able to complete the level.

8. seang

seang Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Doodle DROP!?! the doodle starts at the top and drops every time you hit a block/ move a block he bounces off magnetic blocks and dies when he hits a explosive block

9. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I have submitted the doodle jump suggestions via email because they are too long and here are my feedback for the current version of Finger Physics:

1. I feel finger physics is a good game but it does not allow me to rotate the blocks. Topple (a similar game) allows me to rotate the blocks. Sometimes, I wish the blocks can rotate like Tetris so I can have more chances to win this game.

2. If my structure did not topple and it did not reach the topmost line, the game will not quit. It will wait for me to do something which is to restart the game. I feel the game should include some intelligence that if the gamer did not reach the line and the blocks are used up, then the game should end, instead of waiting for a reaction from the player.

3. There are some game crashes when I played the game. Sometimes, the screen blacks out and I am returned to the springboard on my iPhone. Also, when I tap on the restart or resume game button, it appears to be not sensitive to my touch. I have to tap a few times to make my touch register in the game system so that I can resume the game.

Hope you guys can make the game even better with my feedback as above.

10. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    My suggestion is to use many blocks on platforms you can put blocks on but doodler can't jump on. First you use the blocks to make structure you can jump on. As some of the shapes are irregular, it would be much easier for you if you made the structures good, and harder if you made the structure messy. If you hit a slanted angle, your initial direction would be in that direction. And finally, you could save some blocks. As some of the Finger physic levels require timing, maybe you could have some blocks that you could drop onto the structures as you were jumping. Such as maybe you could drop the explosive block on another explosive block when the doodler was jumping on it which would rocket the doodler higher to reach places he usually couldn't reach.

11. Peje

Peje Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    just make an egg level that is shaped like the doodle guy and other themed levels