id Software $0.99 Sale (DOOM, DOOM II RPG, Wolfenstein 3D)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by phazer89, Dec 22, 2011.

1. phazer89

phazer89 Well-Known Member

DOOM Classic ($4.99 -> $0.99)
    DOOM II RPG ($2.99 -> $0.99)
    Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum ($1.99 -> $0.99)

The apps themselves might not be available in certain countries though, mine (Singapore) for example. Strangely enough, DOOM Resurrection is $0.99 for me, although AppShopper lists it as $4.99. Not sure if it's discounted in other regions.

DOOM

Bethesda
    Celebrate DOOM’s 25th anniversary with the re-release of the original DOOM (1993), including the expansion, Thy Flesh …
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Celebrate DOOM’s 25th anniversary with the re-release of the original DOOM (1993), including the expansion, Thy Flesh Consumed, is now available on iOS devices. First released in 1993, DOOM introduced millions of gamers to the fast-paced, white-knuckle, demon-slaying action the franchise is known for. Relive the birth of the first-person shooter, wherever you go, and experience the classic demon-blasting fun that popularized the genre.
    Information
    Seller:Bethesda
    Genre:Action
    Release:Oct 31, 2009
    Updated:Sep 14, 2020
    Version:2.9.6
    Size:379.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

DOOM II RPG

id Software
    Hell has returned! Prepare yourself for DOOM II RPG for the iPhone, the sequel to id Software’s hit turn based mobile g…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Hell has returned! Prepare yourself for DOOM II RPG for the iPhone, the sequel to id Software’s hit turn based mobile game Doom RPG. A mysterious distress signal calls your team—two hardened Marines and a rookie scientist—to a Union Aerospace Corporation research facility on Earth’s Moon, but you were unprepared for what awaits you. The forces of Hell itself have taken hold of the station and its inhabitants! Zombies and demonic monsters roam the halls, killing all who cross their path. Your backup squad is dead. Mysterious scientists conspire against you. Even the facility’s AI cannot be trusted. You are being hunted from all sides. Now, you must fight to survive, and try to stop the invasion—and uncover the truth—by any means available. The fate of all humanity is at stake! Choose one of three different characters and get ready to battle through hordes of deadly monsters, including returning favorites such as the Pinky, Cacodemon, and Revenant, as well as new threats like the Sawcubus and Sentinel! Battle towering bosses such as the Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind, or the Pinkinator! Interact with other survivors of the invasion to get information about your environment and solve puzzles, but beware…not all of them can be trusted! Wield an array of lethal weapons, including classics such as the Super Shotgun and BFG, or powerful new ones such as the Holy Water Pistol! Take control of a Sentry Bot to kill your enemies from safety, or to scout dangerous areas! Zoom in with a scoped Assault Rifle and go for a headshot! Build your character’s power level through experience points earned by killing monsters! Use treadmills, armor repair stations, and target practice machines to boost your skills even further! Still need an advantage in combat? Use Nano Drinks to bestow abilities such as health regeneration, fire immunity, poisoned weapons, or extra speed! Purchase resources from vending machines, or scrounge what you can from the corpses of defeated monsters! Hack security systems! Aim your sniper scope using the accelerometer! Tap and swipe the screen to explore the environment, engage in combat, navigate intuitive menus, and interact with other characters! Touch the heads-up-display to quickly access your healing items, armor, map, or PDA! Stay alert! Stranded civilians, secret passages, deadly traps and more await you within the surprising world of DOOM II RPG! FEATURES: •Sequel to the 2005 mobile hit DOOM RPG. By the creators of the iPhone hit Wolfenstein RPG! •Battle through 9 maps, spanning the Moon, Earth, and Hell itself. Over 8 hours of gameplay! •Choose from 3 playable characters, each with different starting attributes and dialogue experiences •Over a dozen unique weapons to find, plus improvised weapons such as Sentry Bots or even plumbing fixtures •Eleven different enemy types—each with multiple, increasingly-powerful forms—plus four bosses •Upgradeable skill attributes allow you to customize your character for maximum lethality •Hack security systems to open restricted areas, hijack sentry bots, or lower prices on vending machines. •Power up using Nano Drinks to give you an edge in combat •Interact with NPCs to get information, solve puzzles and survive the hazardous environment •Loot the corpses of your foes to find useful items—or junk. •Auto-mapping feature and mission-tracking PDA functions ensure you’ll never be lost again •Customizable controls; change the size, style, and placement of the control inputs •Three levels of difficulty will give players of all skill levels a challenge •Detailed graphics and complex levels which take advantage of the power of the iPhone •Bonus digital comic included!
    Information
    Seller:id Software
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Feb 08, 2010
    Updated:Feb 08, 2010
    Version:1.0
    Size:46.4 MB
    User Rating: (9)

Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum

id Software
    Play the legendary original game that launched the First Person Shooter genre. You are OSA super agent B.J. Blazkowicz a…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Play the legendary original game that launched the First Person Shooter genre. You are OSA super agent B.J. Blazkowicz and you must escape from Castle Wolfenstein and defeat the twisted Nazi regime! Includes all six original episodes with 60 classic levels and unforgettable weapons, like the brutal chain gun, that still define action gaming today. Wolfenstein 3D Classic is non-stop action and all of the memorable enemies are there for you to conquer from Hans Grosse to MechaHitler! Search levels for hidden secrets that reveal stolen Nazi treasure, health packs, ammo and weapons or even short cuts. Use the new top-down map to see where you have already explored. Wolfenstein 3D Classic makes use of an all new control system designed for the iPhone by technical visionary and id Software founder, John Carmack. Choose clever new touch controls or drive with the tilt controls to halt the diabolical Nazi schemes.
    Information
    Release:Mar 26, 2009
    Updated:Nov 20, 2014
    Version:2.2
    Size:43.8 MB
    User Rating: (3)

DOOM Resurrection

id Software
    Critical Acclaim for DOOM Resurrection: iTunes Rewind 2009 "Top Sellers" list “It really feels like a thrill ride. The…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Critical Acclaim for DOOM Resurrection: iTunes Rewind 2009 "Top Sellers" list “It really feels like a thrill ride. The production values are sky high, offering some of the best visuals thus far on the iPhone.” – Nigel Wood, iPhoneGamesNetwork “Seriously though, if you consider yourself an iPhone or iPod touch gamer in the slightest, do yourself a favor and buy Doom Resurrection. When it comes to App Store shooters Doom Resurrection is hands down the best I’ve played.” – Ironcell, OS X Reality “As a reviewer, there are games I have to play to the end and games I want to play to the end, and DOOM Resurrection easily fell in the latter category. The game makes good use of the DOOM 3 graphics and audio to provide an immersive game that sucks you in for the duration.” – Arnold Kim, Touch Arcade “It’s the first authentic hardcore game on the iPhone.” – Dean Takahashi, VentureBeat ----------------------------------- Immerse yourself in the first person on rails experience that takes your iPhone or iPod Touch beyond previously imagined limits. Introducing DOOM Resurrection, a brand new, technologically advanced, heart-pounding chapter in the legendary DOOM Saga! Scientists on a remote research facility on Mars have lost control of their experiment and all Hell has broken loose. As the last surviving Marine in your unit, you must defeat Hell’s minions and unravel the mystery of what has happened on Mars. Earth’s future depends on you! Courage alone will not be enough to stand up to the evil that awaits you. Utilize a devastating arsenal of weapons, helpful NPC’s and your environment to succeed. With an assault rifle, shotgun, a vicious chainsaw, and more, you will even the odds in a raging battle against unnatural beasts hell-bent on flaying your flesh and damning your soul. With its revolutionary control scheme, breathtaking visuals, and intense story, DOOM Resurrection is sure to provide the adrenaline rush you’ve been craving. Do you have what it takes to defeat evil and survive the Resurrection? Features • An all-new chapter of the DOOM saga designed exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch • Advanced graphics engine designed from the ground up to take full advantage of the power found in Apple’s mobile devices • Wield an arsenal of heavy-hitting weapons to defeat a variety of hideous monsters and bosses • Innovative controls for fast-paced and accessible first-person action • Intense story that new players and long-time DOOM fans can enjoy 8 all new levels • 6 various Mars themed levels • 2 Hell themed levels
    Information
    Release:Jun 29, 2009
    Updated:Aug 16, 2009
    Version:1.1
    Size:80.8 MB
    User Rating: (6)

2. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I got Wolfenstein a long time ago but wasn't that thrilled with it. Are the other games worth it?

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #3 undeadcow, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    Resurrection is $0.99 in US too... but it's still on rails.

Everyone should own a copy of Doom classic on at least 1 system... maybe it's the nostalgia but it is an amazing game with level design ages advanced from Wolfenstein.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's on rails, but I picked it up during the sale hearing that it was probably the best on-rails shooter on the AppStore. I've had it on my wish list for a while and I don't think it's ever been $.99 before (originally $9.99 I believe and was $4.99 prior to the drop).

And so far, it's great (provided you like on-rails shooters like House of the Dead and Rage). I like it better than Rage so far (not graphically of course, but seems like it's got a lot more content).

5. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I still regularly play through both Wolfenstein RPG and Doom II RPG - they are excellent first person RPGs and worth the pickup. Doom II RPG is a steal at 99c

Wolf3d Platinum and Doom Classic are also awesome - with a bit of know how you can play other Doom Wads in Doom Classic (I just recently beat Doom2 using it). :)

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Also $0.99 but somehow published by EA...

Wolfenstein RPG

** GOLD AWARD – PocketGamer ** GET READY FOR ACTION IN WOLFENSTEIN RPG...You are Sergeant B.J. Blazkowicz, leader of an …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ** GOLD AWARD – PocketGamer ** GET READY FOR ACTION IN WOLFENSTEIN RPG...You are Sergeant B.J. Blazkowicz, leader of an elite U.S. fighting unit on a Special Ops assignment. Your call to duty is to save the world from the grip of the evil Axis Army that dwells in Castle Wolfenstein. Fight your way through a freakish bestiary of zombies, mutations, elite soldiers and more. Use your boots, fists and toilets to kick, punch and pummel your enemies to a pulp. Inflict serious damage with weapons such as a flamethrower, a rocket launcher, and a Tesla!

“Wolfenstein RPG is...perfectly at home on Apple's state-of-the art iPhone. Unmissable.”- Jon Mundy

KILLER CONTROLS
    Use your iPhone® and iPod touch® to activate an arsenal of 16 weapons including Spiked Brass Knuckles, a Submachine Gun, and Dynamite. Tap and swipe to punch, kick, and shoot. Use the accelerometer to take down the Axis Agents from a distance with a powerful sniper rifle.

UNCOVER SECRETS
    Tap your screen to search for hidden secrets that reveal stolen treasures and more.

A TASTE OF THE ORIGINAL
    Fight your way through 9 levels and 8+ hours of Wolfenstein action!

YOUR WORST ENEMIES
    Face 32 enemies you’ll love to vanquish! Battle elite soldiers, zombies flaming skeletons, and other bizarre Id creations.

CHEMICAL REACTION
    Sneak your way into the Mixing Stations and dip into their performance enhancing concoctions for your OWN benefit!

A KILLER LOOK
    High-res graphics suspended in a 3D world immerse you in the mayhem.

BATTLE SOUNDS
    Listen to your iTunes® music library during gameplay and battle to your own music!

LET IT ALL OUT
    Need a break from all that ACTION? Play 2 classic mini-games: “Kick the Chicken” and “War”!
    ** DON'T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ** SCRABBLE, The Sims™ 3, TETRIS®, MONOPOLY, Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports™, Pogo Games FREE, Liqua Pop, ROCK BAND® Reloaded, Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit & Surviving High School FREE

GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
    VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
    FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
    LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
    WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:May 15, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating:Unrated

7. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    So.... Doom2 RPG.... Buy or No Buy?

i liked Wolfenstein RPG, but never finished it (didn't play on my ipod, and never got the urge to buy it once i got my ipod)

8. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    if u haven't finished Wolf RPG, don't buy Doom2 RPG imho!

9. Duke Floss

Mar 12, 2010
    English Roundabout
    I enjoyed both WolfRPG and Doom2RPG - Wolfenstein is slightly longer and the setting is more varied throughout, but Doom2RPG is still a rewarding RPG to play through with excellent level design and the exact same gameplay mechanics.

10. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I really liked WolfRPG, I played it like 3-4 hours... but it wasn't on my ipod since i didnt have one at the time(Start of summer) and once I got mine... i really didn't feel like going to buy it...

really liked the sense of humor on wolfrpg.... if DOom2RPG is better, i might actually buy it

11. Duke Floss

Mar 12, 2010
    English Roundabout
    I found Doom2RPG had a slightly more serious tone - but it really is an extension of the same gameplay in Wolf. I enjoyed the level design, graphics, and setting slightly more than WolfRPG because I prefer the sci-fi setting.

I really enjoyed these games - they had the perfect amount of strategy in combat, with a good amount of exploration and a decent skill system. I would really like to see a Deus Ex or System Shock setting in a game like this.