Best offline KRPG for iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by modus_ataraxia, Jan 7, 2015.

1. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I'm looking for a good KRPG on iPad that is still relevant. Important things are that it is an action game with solid RPG elements, and it can be played offline.

Suggestions? Thanks much. ;)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2 Exact-Psience, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Across Age 2 is a good KRPG without online connection needed and is premium (zero IAPs).

As for non KRPG that fits the description in quote in bold above...

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Bastion
    Battleheart Legacy
    Wayward Souls

3. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    Thanks much for the suggestions. I checked out a video for Across Age 2. It definitely looks similar to what I'm looking for, but after seeing videos for games like EpicHeart Plus (servers discontinued) and Zenonia 3, I feel like the game I'm trying to find has at least those production values. Hence KRPG.

I already own Monster Hunter 3U (amazing), Bastion (also great), and Wayward Souls, so you've got good taste. :) I'm not a fan of Battleheart's art style or its (assumed) clunkiness, though. I hear it's highly recommended, but it's not quite doing it for me, you know?

I feel like Across Age is getting there, but isn't quite what I'm after. Something quicker, with more flashy attacks and anime style, perhaps? Assuming such a thing exists without being online-only.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I saw you recommend Crimsonheart in another thread and i thought you already knew about that since IMO it's one of the best KRPGs on iOS. Have you also tried Master of Dungeon and Stone of Life?

5. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    #5 modus_ataraxia, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Yeah, I ended up finding that one, and trying it out. It met all of my requirements I outlined here, so I thought I'd pass the info on to others who were looking for the same thing. So far it's pretty fun.

MoD looked a bit bare bones and bland to me, but SoL seems like it could be quite good. Is there an online requirement? I'll probably look into it further if it can be played offline.