Why Promo Codes/Contests only for Developers?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Why can only Developers be able to hold contests/promo code giveaways? I don't really think that is fair. I run an app blog and sometimes I get free codes to give out from developers, so why shouldn't I be able to share those codes with the TouchArcade community even though I'm not the actual developer? I can see someone arguing this saying "Because they might not be legit." Well first of all, an app developer on TA can't actually prove they are the real developer of the app until they give out the codes anyways, and if the codes aren't legit than the user could just get banned or punished or w/e. I think we'd all be able to receive more free codes for more games and apps if we let anyone who has legit codes host a contest or giveaway...

2. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Simple solution: post them in the Promo Code Giveaway Social Group. Look it up under Quick Links- Social Groups. You'll find it there.

3. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I looked up the group and rule #2 says "2.SENIORS ONLY!!! THIS IS BECAUSE SENIORS ARE TRUSTWORTHY AND KNOW THAT THIS SITE IS LEGIT AND NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!" so I'm out of luck D:

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Pm me the codes I'll give away happily on your behalf :p

But if you seriously want to give away your codes I can make a post in giveaway section with your userid. If anyone wants the code he'll pm you. :)

5. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    If you run an app blog, why would you want to give the codes to another site's members? No love for your own guys?

6. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Because my site lacks members >.< I'm still trying to build up a following...