Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just left my review on the app store gj devs!

2. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Anyone for co-op add me @ RichRuzz. I play Paladin. :D

3. Reckoning

Reckoning Member

Jan 8, 2013
    #323 Reckoning, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Im here to complain about the difficulty again lol jk......
    Anyways this game is awesome but grrr gets me mad im stuck on stage 16 were you get swarmed by the small goblines then the goblin commanders any tips? The knight is not overpowered he is just a good damage dealer, i couldnt get Pass stage 10 with him at lvl 10, i passed that stage with the paladin at lvl 10.

Trust me the paladins inspire ability is awesome i can buy pikemen at 71 gold with -4% unit cost. I also noticed that if you redo a stage you get 1 crystal is that intentional? Im asking because the dev said you cant max out everything even playin with the 3 classes, so if i just redo a lvl can i max everything it may take a while though, if its a bug or something dont remove its pretty fun redoing stages earning something also.

One more thing i know some may not like but can you(devs) guys raise the startig gold by 1 or 2:) i mean because if you max out gold mine you should get like a bonus for example 'plus 1/2 starting gold' i think it wouldnt affect the difficulty much but it would give you a much needed breathing room in later stages, i swear i been wanting to throw my itouch across the room in how difficult some later stages get:eek:

Oh and i almsot forgot is there anyway to protect your buldings or keep from archers, catalpults etc.. I swear i hate those stages were you fight them so much lol its hard to multitask since i have to keep checking that my wall doesnt get piled up by enemies all the while killing archers/catalpults/ riflemen, they are difficult to kill with a paladin.

Awesome game even though it pisses me off i cant let it win i have to beat it:D

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    @Foursaken!
    Love the BH SFX in H&C!
    The game is awesome!
    ---Ur rocks!---
    PS: Nothing new under the sun shines, nothing is impossible, please update BH for widescreen iPhone 5 displays! :')

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm really liking the way you keep earned xp even if you die, it sucks in games where you play a level for 10mins die and gain nothing.
    So nice move making it so your always progressing :D

Also I'm really loving playing with the dwarf (there's a sentence I don't think I've said before:rolleyes:)

6. Hardbattle

Hardbattle Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    What the hell is attacking my keep? Nobody is in there but me, and my keep is being depleted, gold boxes are being destroyed.... I thought it might be archers, but nope.... Any ideas?

7. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Yeah, definitely had some fun earlier today. First couple games with you, I was clueless. Last few were pretty good, though. You definitely did some heavy lifting carrying me the last couple minutes. Again soon I hope!

8. Bowflexman

Bowflexman Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    I have been playing this game pretty much all day and I just gave it a 5-star rating on the AppStore. Really good job, Foursaken! I am amazed with te sense of progression and reward this game offers. I have been playing video games for over twenty years and I have not felt this sense of progression and reward since Dark Souls on the Xbox 360 and Demon's Souls before that. I know both those games are relatively recent, but games like those and games like this are so rare these days. This game really is an accomplishment, Foursaken. A permanent game in my ios library. I am definitely excited to see what the updates will offer.

9. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Archers with helmets and flaming arrows can destroy your interior from very far away.

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Ok I'm back, anyone up for some co-op?!

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I want to, maybe in an hour?

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sounds good!! I'll be ready in an hour!

13. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Anyone got Skype and/or teamspeak and want to coop? Lets get some high scores! Or add me @ RichRuzz on Steam or Skype. I'm a Paladin with damage and heal aura maxed so far.

And any word on buying respecs in the future?

14. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    I'll be up for a few rounds soon, having trouble finding you on GC though, name is ninjackid right?

15. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    This game has totally absorbed my day. I've been useless around the house and I've been off work with the flu so I've just been lounging in this chair all day being useless just grinding away. There hasn't been a game in a looong time that has kept me so hooked for so long in one sitting. Ridiculous fun even though I find co op a little frustrating at times because the difficulty is so high right from the start.

Would it be possible to make a co op game (in addition to the one you have) where the enemies come in waves? It would be fun to see how many waves a couple could defeat rather than see how long you can survive for a change. I find the current game fun but I just wish we could make it longer than 7 minutes in one game, lol.

Anyways, just a suggestion. Thanks

16. Reckoning

Reckoning Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Anyone beaten stage 19 anye tips? That stage seems impossible because i get swarmed by the duawield goblins and the bigger version the commander. I tried stalling by sending peons by they get killed to easily (fully upgraded) i tried pikemen but even with blacksmith they even up dying quick. I try not to use wall units because even if i upgrade my wall by then theres like 6 of those big goblins attacking it and all my gold ends up to waste on repairing it.

Theres never enough gold so any tips to try and beat that stage?

17. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I am going to get nothing done this weekend, im gonna be glued to this game

18. chitty007

chitty007 Active Member

Jan 17, 2013
    It gets real tough when you start getting a heap of reapers and then that flipping mummy with the gold crested helmet shows up. He will not die. I summoned a giant and he went for the mummy guy and got eaten hahaha. The mummy had help though.

I was just in a game with someone (mitch....something) and we were doing real well. Up to 7 minutes then he dc'd I only lasted to 8.04 after that which is my best time so far.

I never thought playing a game on an ipad would be as enjoyable as a console game online.

19. Yeah, its a really neat idea actually, but we're already at the threshold for the amount of stuff we can jam in a battle as it is, and personally I think more units and enemies take priority

However, it could be interesting to add those character in between stages, so you never leave the castle area. For example once you repel a horde, you go back to the castle and talk to the blacksmith to open up your pre-game menu, talk to another guy to get a tidbit of story, etc. Not saying this will happen, but it is a very cool idea!

this is exactly what I ment to say, that way it felt more real...

20. Kozio235

Kozio235 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Add my gc - Kozio235