The Hunger Games...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Mar 24, 2012.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Enjoy! Will be starting Catching Fire today myself :)

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    A little then more then half way through the novel and I can't stop reading! Nice I'm doing it on my phone so I can really do it where ever!

3. cotton julius

cotton julius Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    I also can't wait to see how the movie translates over from the book!:)

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Holy fuuuuuuu!! I'm getting Harry Potter vibes! No seriously, last time I was hooked on a book was when I was reading Deathly Hallows!

5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Definitely my favorite of the three books :)

6. Ninja J

Ninja J Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    I may have a try too. Thanks for posting this question.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Halfway through Catching Fire in one day! These books are so addicting!

8. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I read The Hunger Games about 3 months ago after hearing buzz about the movie. Immediately got hooked on the series. Ran to the story to buy the other books and plowed through them in a weekend. It's a Young Adult novel so the romance stuff kinda made me roll my eyes in a few spots but I connected with the characters and setting regardless.

The movie was good. It did move way too fast for my liking. Since they are going to milk the movies for all they are worth, they should have split up the first book into two movies and moved faster through the others. I can't imagine Mockingjay being a 2 parter...

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm definitely tempted to read the books after seeing the movie. It's an interesting premise.

As for the movie, I thought it was very well-made (aside from some nasty CGI, but eh), and the pacing should have been good, but I couldn't help but feel a little bored... It felt like a long movie, though I don't consider that a valid opinion, because every movie seems long to me lately. :p

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow. I've already read book 2 in less than 2 days! I won't be surprised if I've finished book 3 before Monday... Never read a book series this fast! Not even HP! These books got me so hooked and I've barely touched my iPod... Thankfully I have been/am sick so I have time to read these. Sister bought 2 last books after reading the library book to half.

11. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I felt some of the CGI stuff was cheesy too but then I heard about the budget for the movie which was around $80, which was pretty low for a blockbuster like this.